• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wellman Assesses Deacons' Future With Optimism (WSJ)

We all know next year is make or break for Manning. Losing record means he's gone. What I fear is that a year like last year gets him another couple years.

Gotcha. I could see Crawford and Moore taking a shot at the pros. I could see Melo or Mitchell transferring. Maybe even Chaundee.

That's a stretch. Thinking that WF could lose 7 players with eligibility off the current roster? Among scholarship players only Chill and Sarr return? Why not predict all 9 players with eligibility depart to feed into the negativity frenzy?

Where's VT with the photoshops? I need a big laugh after reading that dribble

Aside from Woods and the two who have already transferred, I could see Crawford still leaving, so I'm going to leave him off next years team.

Doral needs and I think wants another year to mold his game under Danny.

I could see Melo possibly transferring but I'm not sold on that. Chaundee isn't going to leave, neither will Sarr or Chill.

For returning players, I see a starting lineup(without incoming Freshmen) as:

Chill -
Brown
Mitchell
Sarr
Moore

What is frightening is Wellman's belief that this team "plays hard". We do not play with the effort that 90% of our opponents do, and that includes last year. Collins just offset that weakness to a certain extent. There are exceptions like Childress, but few.

I kind of agree with this. I just want to see our whole team diving for loose balls, communicating, going balls out on every possession, etc.

Effort, as a whole, has undoubtedly lacked this year.

The preceding paragraph didn't list Key as a planned departure so it already is set up to use him bolting as a reason why things didn't go according to plan.

Wellman hedges almost as well as RJ.

That's a stretch. Thinking that WF could lose 7 players with eligibility off the current roster? Among scholarship players only Chill and Sarr return? Why not predict all 9 players with eligibility depart to feed into the negativity frenzy?
That was obviously an either/or by Ph, not every single one of them leaving.

Wellman hedges almost as well as RJ.
IF a bunch of things happen that we don't expect to happen and none of the things happen that we expect to happen, we might possibly be ranked somewhat close to pre-season Top 25 next season...or the season after that.

We got outworked in the second half Saturday by a team that just played a game 36 hours before when we had a week off

I kind of agree with this. I just want to see our whole team diving for loose balls, communicating, going balls out on every possession, etc.

Effort, as a whole, has undoubtedly lacked this year.

Not sure I agree. Other than the L'ville game, WF has hung with most of its opponents. When a team quits, they get destroyed often; that hasn't happened. What is clear is that this team has no confidence or clue as to how to close out an opponent. The script is the same for every game. WF has a lead or at least is within striking distance in the last 5 minutes, and then collapses when any adversity is faced. FWIW, the fact that WF is "trying hard" does not mean a lot. Put another way, I don't give the coaching staff any extra points because the team didn't completely quit. If that's the standard used to Judge WF Basketball ("hey, we don't quit"), WF will suck forever.

Last edited:
We got outworked in the second half Saturday by a team that just played a game 36 hours before when we had a week off
And it's not like they had anything to play for.

wellman is shit
excuses. acts like wake is the only fucking team in history to have a player leave early.

What's 2 feet long and hangs in front of an asshole

I didn't say it wasn't a stretch. Ish thought there was a good chance of 2 or more players leaving. I laid out the possibilities. Two juniors leaving early. A sophomore transferring. A freshman who didn't play much transferring. Maybe a freshman who could transfer to a better program looking at his options. I do think Chill and Sarr are the least likely to leave unless anybody has some French league scoops.

Last edited:
Back