• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wells Fargo Championship

Tiger calls him "Webby." Tiger loves him so silly nicknames

Our youngest son is named Webb (family name from my wife's side) and the nickname everyone calls him is "Webber."

Our youngest son is named Webb (family name from my wife's side) and the nickname everyone calls him is "Webber."

That's a cool name, I'd never heard it growing up in the north. I'd expect a Webber to have some superpower.

Any post-round insight from Tiger? What's he doing right now?

images

Anthony Kim pulled a WD early this morning, citing a nagging wrist injury.

AK's caddie was I think carrying his college bag yesterday.

Still amazes me how much $$ there is in golf. I don't really recall knowing anything about Moore, but here he is leading the Wells Championship, having already pocketed $600K in tournament winnings this year. A virtual "no one" on tour who will earn over a million $$ this year.

Webb is playing well on his 1st nine, back nine on the course. He is about to go to -10.

AK's caddie was I think carrying his college bag yesterday.

There was an article in the paper this week about how he no longer has a bag sponsorship.

I really hope he was smart with at least some of the 20+ million he made on and off the course. He's going to need it to live off of.

Still amazes me how much $$ there is in golf. I don't really recall knowing anything about Moore, but here he is leading the Wells Championship, having already pocketed $600K in tournament winnings this year. A virtual "no one" on tour who will earn over a million $$ this year.

#89 on the money list made over a million dollars last season.

He won both the NCAA Championship, US Amateur and US Public Links in the same year in 2004 (after already having won the Public Links two years earlier), he had a pretty decorated amateur career if you follow that at all. You probably just don't remember him because he doesn't dress flashy (ala Fowler) or read putts funky (ala Villegas). Also, he dresses kind of like he's going to a poetry reading at a coffee house out on the golf course.

He won both the NCAA Championship, US Amateur and US Public Links in the same year in 2004 (after already having won the Public Links two years earlier), he had a pretty decorated amateur career if you follow that at all. You probably just don't remember him because he doesn't dress flashy (ala Fowler) or read putts funky (ala Villegas). Also, he dresses kind of like he's going to a poetry reading at a coffee house out on the golf course.

His 2004 is one of the greatest amateur seasons in history. It's right up there with Tiger winning the NCAA, US Am and Walker Cup in one year and Colt Knost winning the Publinks, US Am and Walker Cup in one year (3 USGA titles in a single season). The best will always be Bobby Jones winning the grans slam.

Tiger is outside the cut line with 9 holes to go. Line is currently at -1, but the scoring is perfect and will probably bring it to -2 by the end of the day. Tiger needs to make a few birdies coming in and stop playing like it's a US Open (WTF is up with hitting irons off tees???).

Tiger needs to make a few birdies coming in and stop playing like it's a US Open (WTF is up with hitting irons off tees???).

His driver was short and hook city yesterday.

Driver isn't working, short game isn't working (I've seen multple shots from inside 100 yards end up 25+ feet from the pin on shot tracker) and his putting sucks (3 putt from 13 feet on 18).

He's also won over $12 million since he turned pro in 2005.........not too shabby

Team Jesus kicking ass at Quail. Cink in 1st at -11, Webb and Crane are both T2 at -10. Crane is -8 on the day thru 12.

Edit for Racer: Moore also won at Greensboro a couple of years ago, so there is also a little local familiarity.

I've got Webb and Crane on my fantasy team this week (with Reifers and Wi but who's counting).

Back