• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wells Fargo Championship

Ryan Moore is anything but a nobody if you follow the pga tour. And he does dress funny. Kind of skater meets bobby jones.

It was amazing how short the rough was out there yesterday. We saw Webb's eagle live which was almost as awesome as seeing Dowd on several occasions. Couldn't get him to acknowledge my "go Deacs" though. I gave up after trying it on 2 holes.

15 green is a great place to post up. You can sit in the shade and see some eagles and then walk 50 feet to 18 green as well. Beer stands a plenty as well. $6.75 for a domestic will add up quickly.

Ryan Moore is anything but a nobody if you follow the pga tour. And he does dress funny. Kind of skater meets bobby jones.

Please...if my quick look is correct, the guy has 1 win in 8 years on tour. As I look through his stats, it looks like he missed more cuts than he made up until 2009. Had a really solid 2010, but 2011 was back down hill. Of the 5 guys standing at my desk before heading out to the tournament, one of them remembered Moore as a killer amateur after I gave him a hint. As far as the Tour goes, he's a field filler...and, there's nothing wrong with that. My entire point is how amazing it can be to play average Tour golf, not stand out from the crowd, and still make gobs and gobs of $$.

Cliffs: 6 guys standing here all follow the PGA and didn't know who Moore was until reminded.

Last edited:
I live about a mile away, walking over to the course in about 20 minutes!

15 green is a great place to post up. You can sit in the shade and see some eagles and then walk 50 feet to 18 green as well. Beer stands a plenty as well. $6.75 for a domestic will add up quickly.
Cool thanks, might need to break out the flask

Webb finishes with his only bogey of the day. In 2nd place 1 out of the lead at this point. It is striking how many times Webb bogies his last hole of a round. Still, he is at -11 have gone -4 on his 2nd round.

Webb finishes with his only bogey of the day. In 2nd place 1 out of the lead at this point. It is striking how many times Webb bogies his last hole of a round. Still, he is at -11 have gone -4 on his 2nd round.

And now that Watney is in at -12, it looks like Tiger has officially missed the cut. Hope that helps me snag a Sunday ticket.

And now that Watney is in at -12, it looks like Tiger has officially missed the cut. Hope that helps me snag a Sunday ticket.

Leaders score will have no bearing on whether Tiger makes the cut (I think he still misses it though, because as easy as the course is playing, about 15 people would have to back up to his score this afternoon). 10 shot rule is only used in some of the major championships.

Anyone hear about Tiger at the 5th? Apparently a fan "picked up his ball" and he was given free relief.

Leaders score will have no bearing on whether Tiger makes the cut (I think he still misses it though, because as easy as the course is playing, about 15 people would have to back up to his score this afternoon). 10 shot rule is only used in some of the major championships.

Yeah, didn't mean to imply that. Just meant to imply that today seems to be a moving day for a lot of players. Even lower scores than yesterday (Watney, Crane) are in the clubhouse and there a lot of good players around Tiger's score (-1 to +1) who are just getting started for the day. The cut line is only going to move up at this point.

Last edited:
His 2004 is one of the greatest amateur seasons in history. It's right up there with Tiger winning the NCAA, US Am and Walker Cup in one year and Colt Knost winning the Publinks, US Am and Walker Cup in one year (3 USGA titles in a single season). The best will always be Bobby Jones winning the grans slam.

Didn't he beat Bill Haas in the semifinal of the US Am in 2004? Has Haas really been on Tour going on 8 years? Maybe that's wrong.

Racer, don't need to get all snippy. It is a little surprising that 6 guys who really follow the tour and not just the majors haven't heard of Ryan Moore. He is an above average tour player from the USA. He's no Jason Bohn or Skip Kendall. He hasn't made any noise in a major that I recall, but he does alright in the regular tour events. Not questioning your manhood, just surprised you or others hadn't heard of him. But you are correct, lot of many can be made even if you aren't winning majors.

Didn't he beat Bill Haas in the semifinal of the US Am in 2004? Has Haas really been on Tour going on 8 years? Maybe that's wrong.

That was Ricky Barnes. Cheating bastard. . .

But, Moore won the 2004 NCAA Championships at the Homestead, where Bill finished 2nd.

Yeah, didn't mean to imply that. Just meant to imply that today seems to be a moving day for a lot of players. Even lower scores than yesterday (Watney, Crane) are in the clubhouse and there a lot of good players around Tiger's score (-1 to +1) who are just getting started for the day. The cut line is only going to move up at this point.

dude, you were wrong about the 10 stroke rule. it's okay to admit it. you know you'd be jumping all over rj if he did a spin-job like that.

#teamrj

Bill's gotta go -2 in his last 4 to make the cut...good luck.

Fun fact: Simpson, Haas and Reifers were all Religion majors.

Nice birdie at the Par 5 15th, needs -1 on the last 3

gotta birdie the toughest hole on the course...

On the PGA tour radio broadcast this afternon, they were saying Watney was staying at Simpson's house this weekend....now they end up playing together in the final pairing on Saturday, pretty cool.

Back