• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WF Baseball Off-season Thread

The only reason I think there's a chance that it could be true It's because none of the insiders have responded to it. If it was absolutely 100% not going to happen, They would shut it down immediately. So maybe they are doing their own research on it

I looked and seems that post was prior to the one of someone running into him at the Gboro airport Sat on his way to Arizona.

Interested to see if this report of Mooney as a 7th rounder getting 7 figures turns out to be true. Did see that Dickey from Tenn signed for over 500K as Royals 11th round pick after JJ.

Likely nothing to it, but as a draft eligible sophomore he could actually maximize his money a little. Let’s say RTQ came through and got him 100k, he could get that plus likely a similar bonus next year as he has been offered this year. Obviously there’s injury risk and risk that he slides in the draft with a lower performing year, but at least something to slightly consider for someone who likely isn’t a sure thing to make it to the bigs.

From the vibe-killing dept:

WF expects everybody who was drafted to sign.

Also social media sleuthing is an inexact science but a couple of days before Donay committed to Florida, WF thought it was in a really good spot with him.

Also social media sleuthing is an inexact science but a couple of days before Donay committed to Florida, WF thought it was in a really good spot with him.
We would’ve landed him but Florida took his credits and Wake just refused to

Thanks, Conor.

The current transfer class has obviously been pretty amazing so far, the one thing I'd love to get (besides Braden Montgomery) is a guy or two who have multiple years of eligibility. I believe Hawke (Gervase as well if you count Juco) is the only guy who we would expect to stick around for more than a season.

Understand that WF expects all drafted players to sign and they probably will.

With that said, the Phillies have signed 17 of their 20 draft picks in 2023 draft. Pierce Bennett is one of the three that have not signed yet; the Phillies have signed their draft picks in rounds 13 through 19; Bennett was drafted in the 20th round. Also, the signing deadline for 2023 MLB draftees is 5 pm next Tuesday July 25.

Unlike the Phillies, the Guardians who drafted Tommy Hawke in the 6th round, have announced the signing of two of their twenty-one draft picks.

Back