• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WF Baseball Off-season Thread

Bennett has reportedly signed and is already in Clearwater for rookie camp

Thanks, Conor.

The current transfer class has obviously been pretty amazing so far, the one thing I'd love to get (besides Braden Montgomery) is a guy or two who have multiple years of eligibility. I believe Hawke (Gervase as well if you count Juco) is the only guy who we would expect to stick around for more than a season.
I think they're closer on Montgomery than most non-WF people think without being a favorite.

I get why you'd want the transfers who are going to stick for more than a year but just think the sweet spot for this program is to continue recruiting at the level they've been for 3-4-year players, hit homers with guys like Burns and King, and fill in the gaps with grad transfers who want one more shot at Omaha and/or one season to make themselves pro prospects.

I think they're closer on Montgomery than most non-WF people think without being a favorite.

I get why you'd want the transfers who are going to stick for more than a year but just think the sweet spot for this program is to continue recruiting at the level they've been for 3-4-year players, hit homers with guys like Burns and King, and fill in the gaps with grad transfers who want one more shot at Omaha and/or one season to make themselves pro prospects.
also remember a lot of stud freshman are draft eligible after their Sophomore year. So if we get stud Freshman transfer...he is gone after 1 because he's drafted

I hear all of the Wake guys have signed now. Do see Royals have updated with Johnson but still see nothing official on Hawke or Bennett.

10 (289): Justin Johnson, SS, Wake Forest (Pick value: $170,600)
Agreed to terms on July 19

Well, Braden is from Iowa. Maybe Forbes can work some connections for the Diamond Deacs.

They won the national championship in 2021 and went to the CWS in 2018 and 2019 as well. That’s a good baseball program. That said, if it was a total no-brainer that he simply wanted to move back home, seems like it wouldn’t be dragging out like this.

Back