• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WF Baseball Off-season Thread

walter said roland would be back if not drafted and him playing summer ball are both strong signs, but an UDFA deal is always possible. if he didn’t get drafted this year not sure what he’ll be able to do to get into the pro picture a year from now.

i’m gonna pencil him into for next year

Ok. Walter saying it. That makes sense why people are thinking he’s coming back.

I thought it was just hope. Ya’ll know how I feel about that

He's really going to take next to no (I assume) signing bonus to forgo another year of a Wake education and travel to small towns in 1A or rookie ball? The top 10 round guys I get, but unless the Phillies make him a more compelling offer than expected, why would he go? Surely he thinks he can play his way into a higher pick next year (and work towards a masters degree)?

I don't really get the MLB draft.
He has likely been dreaming about being a professional baseball player for as long as he can remember. There is no guarantee that he gets drafted higher (or drafted at all) next year.

Agreed. Plenty of pitchers have funky motions before they come set. What he does reminds me of Kenley Jansen.
And given what we know about the rules on balking, he should be fine anyway, given the consistent nature of his fidgeting.

WO

but does the fact that cilento tweeted make it more likely to be a hitter? i do think technically he leads all recruiting though

Back