• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WF Baseball Off-season Thread

Surprised not to see King on this list considering the rave reviews and draft hype for him. Understand they need to represent some other teams though but having projected POY, RHP of the year and 3 first teasers is a haul.

Surprised not to see King on this list considering the rave reviews and draft hype for him. Understand they need to represent some other teams though but having projected POY, RHP of the year and 3 first teasers is a haul.
No way is Cozart for NC State a 1st team AA catcher....at least not from a defensive perspective.

I just have to say how thrilled I am that a baseball offseason thread is at 134 pages and there is still a month before the season starts. I bet our previous high on pages is 10-20.

All that speculation that they'd break up the rights and they just signed a bigger version of the same deal. But it's hard to call these "non-revenue" sports if they're part of a $115M rights deal (the previous deal was $41.7M a year).

I really thought we'd go Burns-Hartle. Hartle seems to be a natural Saturday pitcher...obviously contingent on Burns becoming more consistent.
I’m only quoting your post but just trying to respond to others too. Burns is very inconsistent. You get a Friday night win with Hartle and a Meh from Burns then follow up with a more consistent Massey and you win 2/3 and the series. You get a good Saturday Burns and you sweep. Having a lefty, period, in a rotation and you are “mixing it up”

I’m only quoting your post but just trying to respond to others too. Burns is very inconsistent.
Burns has been in the pitching lab with Muscara since the Fall at least. I don't think it's correct to assume that he's going to come out this Spring looking like the same pitcher he was with Tennessee last year.

Interesting webinar from the pitchLogic folks, with lots of Muscara/Sorensen/Hobbs (talks about Dunshee some) if you are into pitching analysis.

Video

Back