• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WF Baseball Off-season Thread

I think it's pretty clear that Walter doesn't want to do number retirements. And I don't blame him, it's a difficult task to start to do that in a program that has 75+ years of history to consider.

I do think some sort of ring of honor or something would be good to do, but that's something that's better to think about in the offseason.
If you're not going to retire Lowder's number, you'll never retire anyone's. That guy deserves it as much as anyone from Wake forest not named Tim Duncan or Brian Piccolo.

Preseason favorites to win the ACC, per the league's coaches. Here's the voting:

One note: Enjoy the last season of divisions -- believe next year is going to one blob of standings, 16 teams (Syracuse and SMU don't have baseball).

Overall ACC Champion
Wake Forest (10)
North Carolina (2)
Clemson (1)
Virginia (1)

Atlantic Division
1. Wake Forest (10) - 95
2. Clemson (1) – 79
3. NC State – 68
4. Florida State – 54
5. Louisville – 48
6. Notre Dame – 31
7. Boston College – 17

Coastal Division
1. Virginia (1) – 88
2. North Carolina (2) – 86
3. Duke – 71
4. Miami – 56
5. Georgia Tech – 40
6. Virginia Tech – 34
7. Pitt – 17

Would have been pretty embarrassing if we are pre-season #1 in the country but UNC/Clemson/UVA was pre-season #1 in the conference...

WF's ACC schedule is tough as the Deacs' naturally play everyone in their own division and also play the pre-season #1 (UVA), #2 (UNC), #3 (Duke) and #6 (VT) from the Coastal (last year WF played Pitt, Miami and Duke). WF's opening road ACC series is a big one, against fellow 2023 CWS participant, and pre-season top 10 team UVA - March 15-17 in C'ville. The Deacs did not play UVA in 2023.

Last edited:
WF's ACC schedule is tough as the Deacs' naturally play everyone in their own division and also play the pre-season #1 (UVA), #2 (UNC) and #6 (VT) from the Coastal (last year WF played Pitt, Miami and Duke). WF's opening ACC series is a big one, against fellow 2023 CWS participant, and pre-season top 10 team UVA - March 15-17 in C'ville. The Deacs did not play UVA in 2023.
The March 8-10 series against Duke, which UVA beat to go to Omaha in the supers, is also large.

Preseason favorites to win the ACC, per the league's coaches. Here's the voting:

One note: Enjoy the last season of divisions -- believe next year is going to one blob of standings, 16 teams (Syracuse and SMU don't have baseball).

Overall ACC Champion
Wake Forest (10)
North Carolina (2)
Clemson (1)
Virginia (1)

Atlantic Division
1. Wake Forest (10) - 95
2. Clemson (1) – 79
3. NC State – 68
4. Florida State – 54
5. Louisville – 48
6. Notre Dame – 31
7. Boston College – 17

Coastal Division
1. Virginia (1) – 88
2. North Carolina (2) – 86
3. Duke – 71
4. Miami – 56
5. Georgia Tech – 40
6. Virginia Tech – 34
7. Pitt – 17
I’ve never really understood the point of divisions in baseball.

Back