• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WF MBB Game 7: Florida Gators - Wednesday 7:15 ESPNU

Forbes has not been the most forthcoming with updates re: Efton. You may recall, he didn't even mention being denied initially until weeks afterward. That's really his perrogative. Unlike Mack Brown and that childish baby at Cinci, he's chosen to deal with this issue in a more professional manner. We will see if that is successful. but a whole slew of appeal denials came back in the last 2 weeks and i am 95% sure Efton's was one of them. I am guessing we are pursuing a lawsuit and forbes rightfully want's to treat the ncaa with some respect. I really doubt we get the waiver no matter how its handled, but at least we didn't cry in front of camera for it.

Forbes took a risk on Efton. If we make a sweet 16 in '24-'25 was it worth it?
100% worth it.

If it meant we’d get the same treatment as all those at UNC or affiliated with it, I’d prefer we cry in front of the camera too. Worst case would be doing that and still getting denied because it’s just Wake.

I really want Efton this year, but god I just keep thinking if we can somehow keep this team together next year and add Efton and Juke. Maybe Damari (doubtful I'd say) we could be so so good. I know that's wishful thinking these days but man.

The NCAA is a classless organization that thrives on bullying tactics that harm student athletes while at the same time padding their own pockets. They deserve NO respect and we should employ whatever means necessary to protect our student athletes and gain their eligibility. I don’t think a nice and civil approach will work with the NCAA. Sometimes you have to fight and if doing so publicly achieves the goal…do whatever it takes. The NCAA’s days are numbered and we have their feckless leadership to thank for the NIL mess.

If they want to be a tournament team, they have to defend home court. I think they win a high scoring game similar to the Bama exhibition.

Citadel, a bottom-tier Socon team is crushing Charleston Southern.

Tomorrow’s gonna be bad, isn’t it.
giphy.gif

There’s always hope. Mississippi State was -8.5 and is getting crushed by Georgia Tech.

But yes, this is probably going to be ugly.

Back