• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WF MBB Game 7: Florida Gators - Wednesday 7:15 ESPNU

The boards are brimming with confidence.
Just a reality of the situation based on the composition of the two teams.

I think we can outscore them in a game that gets to the 80's. Objectively, we are going to get roasted on the boards based on who they have and who we have.

I don't think that's an unfair assessment.

If we lose this season is looking like a wasted one. Dreading that feeling for 3 months. Hope we can inject a little life into the season and get some horses back and play some meaningfull ball this winter.

On coach’s show Monday night he said Monsanto isn’t even practicing. Even when he is cleared, we likely won’t see him on the court for a couple of games.

On coach’s show Monday night he said Monsanto isn’t even practicing. Even when he is cleared, we likely won’t see him on the court for a couple of games.

Wow, that’s not promising at all. He may end up being more of a reserve player this season.

Wow, that’s not promising at all. He may end up being more of a reserve player this season.
Monsanto was said to be ready in "December." I didn't think that meant Dec 31. Looks like that might be the case.

Reactions: WRS
Knee and ankle injury timelines can always get fucked up. Just never certain about how quick or slow the recovery will be.

Crazy that Damari will have had positive rehab swing (Achilles) and negative swing (knee) in 2+ years at Wake Forest.

Yeah I think we may be putting too much stock in Monsanto returning and saving the team this year.

Monsanto would be great to have, but we aren't really missing a player of that prototype. It's Efton Reid or bust in my eyes.

We're not missing an elite 3 point threat that also rebounds? Considering Parker's recent struggles that's a pretty big gap for us at the moment. Reid fills a bigger gap obviously, but we'd be able to handle his absence much better with Monsanto in the mix.

We're not missing an elite 3 point threat that also rebounds? Considering Parker's recent struggles that's a pretty big gap for us at the moment. Reid fills a bigger gap obviously, but we'd be able to handle his absence much better with Monsanto in the mix.
Of course having Monsanto would help, he's a great player.

But adding Monsanto isn't going to stop other teams from obliterating us in the paint and on the boards

Maybe I'm way underrating Monsanto, but I'm not even convinced he'd be a starter right now. I don't really think he's knocking Hildreth or Sallis to the bench, and he shouldn't play many minutes at the 4. I guess we could sit Boopie and run Hildreth/Sallis/Monsanto to start.

I think everyone agrees that Reid is the bigger missing piece. But teams have already been killing us going zone. Parker hasn’t really started to hit. Cam is capable but low volume. Sallis has been red hot from 3 but TBD on how sustainable that ends up being. A high volume 40% 3 PT shooter would certainly help a lot.

To me our ideal starting lineup would be Boopie, Sallis, Damari, Carr, Reid with Cam playing heavy minutes off the bench as a do-everything guy. Sallis and Cam have too much overlap in their skill sets and neither is a real PG.

Back