• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WF MBB Game 7: Florida Gators - Wednesday 7:15 ESPNU

At the Joel early to get ready for tonight's game while also have my ear to the floor on any possible news regarding Efton Reid and other things.

First piece of news, confirmed that Wake will be wearing the gold uniforms tonight. More notes to come from here on my Twitter @essexthayer7

While I still may prefer the deacon head in the center of the shirts, the walking deacon in white looks way better than it did in black. I think I'm on board with that.

This is the first year ever that I feel like people are overestimating us.
I feel the same way— but I think its due to Forbes prior track record as a winning coach, and in bringing in quality portal transfers— he is definitely getting the benefit of the doubt from ACC and national media- most who probably have never seen us play.

I am not confident we will keep it competitive tonight, but a win here would go a long way

I’m going to choose to try* and have positive vibes. Low expectations but a win would be a really big momentum boost.

*key word try

I’m going to choose to try* and have positive vibes. Low expectations but a win would be a really big momentum boost.

*key word try
My advice, expect us to not even score a basket tonight and then hopefully after very early in the game, all the rest will be gravy!

Last edited:
This is baptism by fire! Never has such a new Deac squad been tested so early. We've always had cakewalks in Nov. I love it! We've had tough losses but love the way we're playing.

Good start. Defensive rebound, offensive rebound, three-pointer, steal, blocking foul. I'll take it.

The broadcast looks bad though. The Tenn-UNC game looks much better.

Back