• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WF @ VT (10/14), 3:30PM on ACC Network

Don’t necessarily disagree, but UNC/Duke have a combined 5 starting transfer OL, and 3 more on the two deep. We obviously have zero.
Damn. Clawson needs to get in on that.

As critical that I’ve been regarding Mitch, and after seeing Kern, it’s totally on the OL. Even if Hartman would have stayed, he’d be running for his life nearly every play. It’s like there is the center who snaps it and a DL that swarms the backfield while the OL is standing out there like statues.

Our major problem is the inability to get quality transfers from the portal. We can’t plug holes with portal $$$, and our admissions office wouldn’t admit most guys even if we could. It takes the WF head coaching job from difficult to impossible.
MISOGYNIST ALERT

Just a reminder the poster quoted above has made posts previously which support shaming possible victims of sexual abuse

Edit: to ensure I’m referencing the posts and not personal…

Last edited:
I want clawson and co to look our fans in the eye without blinking or laughing and say “ladies and gentleman, this team truly had a very good camp. And we fully believed in our team”. If they mean that sincerely, the team has either been drugged, given up on the coaches, or the coaches have an alarmingly poor judge if talent. Or they’re lying their asses off and having a big laugh behind closed doors - which is more acceptable.

I’m looking forward to a repeat of the 2008 Miami game wherein we attempt 8 total passes and are also unsuccessful at running the ball on our 50+ attempts at it, yet manage to lose by only one possession.

I’m looking forward to a repeat of the 2008 Miami game wherein we attempt 8 total passes and are also unsuccessful at running the ball on our 50+ attempts at it, yet manage to lose by only one possession.
We watched that in the dorms and were all completely baffled about what we were witnessing.

Clawson created his coaching philosophy under a set of rules regarding paying players nit allowed and transfer players had to sit out a year. Those rules allowed him to redshirt most players as freshmen, develop them and have good fourth and fifth year players. That philosophy was enhanced by the Covid year not counting.

It has been upset mightily with the instant eligibility following transfer and the current state of "NIL" "rules." I find NIL an apt description, as it a synonym for zero and none. Effectively there seem to be zero rules on paying players.

Transfer rules with instant eligibility mean guys who have been developed for a few years and are ready to contribute or have started to contribute can transfer and not lose one of their most productive years to a mandatory year of non-participation. That philosophy is severely tested as Sam Hartman, Randell Bothroyd and Gavin Holmes are all playing for "bigger name" schools.

On offense? Yes. But some of our best defensive players in the last few years have been from the portal.
In years past, we got good players in the portal (mainly grad students) because there wasn’t $$$$ involved. It has all changed over the past 2 years.

We would probably be 6-0 if it weren't for the new US News rankings formula. F those guys. Boycott!!!!11!!

Clawson created his coaching philosophy under a set of rules regarding paying players nit allowed and transfer players had to sit out a year. Those rules allowed him to redshirt most players as freshmen, develop them and have good fourth and fifth year players. That philosophy was enhanced by the Covid year not counting.

It has been upset mightily with the instant eligibility following transfer and the current state of "NIL" "rules." I find NIL an apt description, as it a synonym for zero and none. Effectively there seem to be zero rules on paying players.

Transfer rules with instant eligibility mean guys who have been developed for a few years and are ready to contribute or have started to contribute can transfer and not lose one of their most productive years to a mandatory year of non-participation. That philosophy is severely tested as Sam Hartman, Randell Bothroyd and Gavin Holmes are all playing for "bigger name" schools.
This is a good point. Clawson had figured out how to win consistently at Wake under the old rules. Hopefully he will be able to do the same under the new rules or lack of rules. But I guess that makes this a rebuilding year.

DT is a position Clawson specifically mentioned where they thought they’d bring in a couple more guys and they got outbid for their targets this past offseason.

Pointer had 5 tackles today. The other DT combined for 5. And the whole DE group didn’t help much with 6 combined tackles as well.
Pointer has become one of my favorite players on this team. Without him, our DT unit would be really bad.

He dude. I’m calling you out for the MODS If they won’t stop you from personal attacks, I will. You have taken things too far.
I’ve made no personal attacks…dude

What I have done and will continue to do, is remind everyone of the sickening misogynistic posts you have made.

And if that gets me moderated, I will wear that like a South Carolina Congresswoman wearing a Scarlet A

Last edited:
This is a good point. Clawson had figured out how to win consistently at Wake under the old rules. Hopefully he will be able to do the same under the new rules or lack of rules. But I guess that makes this a rebuilding year.
And the new rules don’t do us any favors. I mean it is what it is, but the reality is it probably makes it even harder for us to compete. Players getting money makes sense in some respects, but it also has negative effects.

Pointer has become one of my favorite players on this team. Without him, our DT unit would be really bad.
Agree 100%, he plays hard and creates far more pressure on the qb than any other WF D player

Back