• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU @ FSU – Saturday 10/1 – 3:30 ABC

One pro team named their team after hurricanes. Another named their mascot after a hurricane.

I think Sunday is definitely possible if there's not a ton of damage, students are still on campus, and classes are still scheduled on Monday. ESPN can put it on the deuce at noon or something.
I don't remember Hurricane Sir Purr.

The Sports Broadcasting Act bans televising professional football games within 50 miles of a high school or college football game played on Friday night or Saturday between Labor Day and the first Saturday in December. College games have no such restrictions.

The weather forecast in Winston for Saturday is worse than Tallahassee

They should make this a home game for Wake Forest. For the safety of everyone (including Wake's record).
The absolute best thing someone mentioned here for our chances against what I think will be a tough FSU team to beat.... Maybe even more so than Clemson with Travis healthy.... Is having the game on FSU bye week October 22 and moving the wake bc game to October 15 which is both our and bc bye week. This will be after FSU plays Clemson and State.

I don’t think we want to play this game in terrible weather regardless of location. If it is a slop fest, athleticism wins out. They have better athletes. We want clear dry days so our passing game can dominate.

I also don’t think it is ideal to play in Tallahassee immediately following a direct hit from a massive hurricane. Don’t even see how that is possible.

Best case is to move the date away from this weekend entirely.

I think it will be Saturday at 330. but, gas is getting pretty scarce I noticed on my drive down from Atlanta today to report to Camp Blanding. It’s the same argument every year. Have a football game and take away from public service who could be out in the community tending to storm and on flip side Have game and generate much needed revenue for the community and donate some to relief. Granted In my personal and unit’s experience, we always had too many public service people, most of which just got in the way.

I don’t think we want to play this game in terrible weather regardless of location. If it is a slop fest, athleticism wins out. They have better athletes. We want clear dry days so our passing game can dominate.

I also don’t think it is ideal to play in Tallahassee immediately following a direct hit from a massive hurricane. Don’t even see how that is possible.

Best case is to move the date away from this weekend entirely.
Or just move the game to Miami.

I think it will be Saturday at 330. but, gas is getting pretty scarce I noticed on my drive down from Atlanta today to report to Camp Blanding. It’s the same argument every year. Have a football game and take away from public service who could be out in the community tending to storm and on flip side Have game and generate much needed revenue for the community and donate some to relief. Granted In my personal and unit’s experience, we always had too many public service people, most of which just got in the way.
and when would you expect Wake to travel down there? and have our equipment truck drive through?

I knew that was the Hornets' mascot name but is he actually named after the storm?

I knew that was the Hornets' mascot name but is he actually named after the storm?

He was named before the storm, but they didn't change it after the storm and brought him back as Hugo the Hornet after ditching the Bobcats (I don't even remember a Bobcat mascot). So I'm counting it.

Thing that doesn’t seem to be getting much consideration is that once hurricane Ian makes landfall it’s going to slow down considerably and just dump rain on the panhandle for 2-3 days. Even if it has moved northward by Saturday afternoon that football stadium might well be flooded, will probably be a swamp.

Last edited:
He was named before the storm, but they didn't change it after the storm and brought him back as Hugo the Hornet after ditching the Bobcats (I don't even remember a Bobcat mascot). So I'm counting it.

#AlternateFacts

Are they really still going to hold the game
in Tallahassee if power is out all over the city with trees down everywhere? I would hope not.

Thing that doesn’t seem to be getting much consideration is that once hurricane Ian makes landfall it’s going to slow down considerable and just dump rain on the panhandle for 2-3 days. Even if it has moved northward by Saturday afternoon that football stadium might well be flooded, will probably be a swamp.

#drainit

Back