• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: '24-'25 Roster Construction Thread: (-) Carr, Monsanto, Ituka, Clark, Miller, Marsh, Keller, Canka / (+) Spillers, Biliew, Cosby

He had a great game at the Joel playing 35 minutes (24 points) and then never played that many minutes again the rest of the season. I remember thinking he was their best player during that game (easy to do when you are lighting it up from three).

Any information on whether the Coaching staff have any international targets for next year?

I'm a little concerned about Parker. I thought he gave us some good minutes and was actually a pretty complete player. However ahe was 0 for 8 shooting his last 2 games, including 0 for 6 in the only game he started. Hope that was aberration.

I'm a little concerned about Parker. I thought he gave us some good minutes and was actually a pretty complete player. However ahe was 0 for 8 shooting his last 2 games, including 0 for 6 in the only game he started. Hope that was aberration.
it was

that kid can shoot, not worried about him

He had a great game at the Joel playing 35 minutes (24 points) and then never played that many minutes again the rest of the season. I remember thinking he was their best player during that game (easy to do when you are lighting it up from three).
If you took all of the players that had their best game against WF.... well...., you might have a pretty crappy team as lots of otherwise ordinary and/or flawed basketball players have somehow lit up the Deacs.

Posted this on the recruiting thread back on 2/27 about Kugel:

I've heard rumors of other issues, but they all seem to be typical message board stuff where people speculate on why somebody isn't playing. I think it was just as simple as UF was better when he wasn't playing as much.

If Forbes wants him... Great! I doubt he'd bring in anyone with baggage.
I heard he fucked Jeff Teague’s girlfriend.

Kwe?

Freshman wall. Pfred will be that dude. Just needs sometime.

Belmont 6’7 Guard/Forward Cade Tyson into portal. 2nd team all-MVC and from Monroe, NC.

Yep, freshman legs at the end of the season, IMO. His shots were coming up short, iirc
is this really a thing or an old wives tale? he probably played just as many games in HS last year and had way more PT. he's only 19 or something how worn down can he be?

U.S. HS recruits under Forbes:

4 star Carter Whitt -- transfer after 1.5 seasons
3 star Lucas Taylor -- transfer after 2 seasons
3 start Robert McCrary -- transfer after 1 season and 1 RS season
4 star Zach Keller -- 2 seasons; future TBD
3 star Aaron Clark -- transfer after 1 season
4 star Parker Friedrichsen -- 1 season

Have hopes for Parker and Juke, but man, that is a rough HS recruiting record through 3.5 seasons. After Parker, I guess Carter Whitt has been the most successful U.S. HS recruit under Forbes...

Have hopes for Parker and Juke, but man, that is a rough HS recruiting record through 3.5 seasons. After Parker, I guess Carter Whitt has been the most successful U.S. HS recruit under Forbes...
Clearly the solution is to only recruit Great Britain & Sweden going forward

Not a traditional HS route I guess but what about Hildreth?

And maybe next year the strategy needs to be a bit more development focused in blowout games….and not so much on leaving starters in at the end of 30 pt blowouts due to net rankings….might keep some guys around that develop into very good contributors. .

Keller and PFred might just work out.

Back