• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: '24-'25 Roster Construction Thread: (-) Carr, Monsanto, Ituka, Clark, Miller, Marsh, Keller, Canka / (+) Spillers, Biliew, Cosby

As others have said, the Indiana State players in the portal are likely following their coach to St. Louis.

Roach has another year, should he choose to use it -- I don't expect he will, but also at this time last year thought he was gone.

Today's move puts Duke 2 scholarships over the limit, if everybody with eligibility who could return did so.
Sure, but it seems super unlikely that Filipowski or McCain return. I guess Duke plays a different game than Wake when it comes to this, but still. They are both solid first round picks.

There are guards - both in the portal and soon-to-be in the portal - that see Wake Forest as a great destination given what Forbes & Co. have done so with the recent track record and want to be considered. Good problem to have. The staff has plenty to pick from.

It would not be permissiable to publically promote a "Hunter Fund" per current NCAA guidelines. That said, all one has to do is sign up or make a 1 time commitment on www.RollTheQuad.com

Have to think that Duke's transfers are just getting started... TJ Power? Sean Stewart?

Sure, but it seems super unlikely that Filipowski or McCain return. I guess Duke plays a different game than Wake when it comes to this, but still. They are both solid first round picks.
Both of them want to be like the other.

Duke wants to get older through the portal because they don't get older through development. I'm sure Wake wouldn't mind landing a 5-star; they felt like they made a great pitch for Caleb Foster and were deep with Aden Holloway before Auburn was involved.

Have to think that Duke's transfers are just getting started... TJ Power? Sean Stewart?
I actually think they keep both. Maybe Power leaves. Stewart was a high school teammate of Cooper Flagg, is close with him, is Grant Hill's neighbor and counts him as a mentor. So he's solid at Duke for like, at least another 11 months.

So maybe Foster and Blakes are more likely. And Proctor has a decision to make on returning for JR year with a ton of talent coming in, turning pro and playing his way into the first round, or transferring elsewhere.

You obviously know Duke better than I do. I just like to watch from afar and hope things fall apart on a massive scale.

This quotes P5 basketball budgets as $1M to $4M -- though Arkansas plans to break the bank with $6M.

Big Men command more money than guards, just because there are fewer really good ones. Though even guards can at times make $500k (or maybe $1M if you're Jonnell Davis).

Football powerhouses, by contrast, have budgets north of $10M per year. We are never competing with the massive powers in that world. But basketball? Maybe.

Duke may be pre-season #1, which is crazy given that one and done dominated teams have consistently crashed and burned in recent years. That said, maybe Cooper Flagg is such a transcendant player that he overcomes recent trends.

Also, it's a near lock that McCain and Filipowski are going into the NBA draft; so, while more Duke players are likely headed to the portal, they won't need to force others out.

I've spent a decent amount of time in Iowa at this point and I'm pretty convinced that culturally there's a bluntness they picked up from all of the Scandinavians who settled there, at least in northern Iowa. There's a measured, curt turn-based conversation style and they're ok with long silences which can be strange.
How dare you disparage Scandahoovians

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Back