• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: '24-'25 Roster Construction Thread: (-) Carr, Monsanto, Ituka, Clark, Miller, Marsh, Keller, Canka / (+) Spillers, Biliew, Cosby

Glad we didn't get Judah. Ball stopper and foul merchant. Don't see him as a winning player on a winning team.

DePaul really dropped the ball building the Wintrust Arena - they had a parking lot across the street from an El station on campus that they could have built an arena on, but instead they decided to build something six miles from campus where people don't even realize that DePaul owns the building.

Hate to break this news, but some if not many players don't enter the portal until they have idea of who is interested in them and what they can get. It's ugly, but once a player enters the portal, their former school typically won't let them comeback. So, it's not prudent to take that step without any idea what is out there for you.
It’s like looking for a new job. You aren’t going to tell your current employer your looking.

Somewhere not Wake. The only place I’ve seen links were DePaul
Not saying this isn't true, but Jacob Meyer (Coastal Carolina) committed to Depaul recently. I know Holtmann backed off another point/combo guard in the portal once they landed Meyer.

It’s like looking for a new job. You aren’t going to tell your current employer your looking.
For some players, this is true. For others, it seems they are looking for a second go-round of their high school recruiting. They want the attention, wining and dining they got while being recruited. They see other players put lists of a dozen or more schools "in contact" on social media. They want that attention and of course a bag of NIL money. At least some are mercenary to go where they get the biggest promises and biggest bag.

NCAA men's basketball final ratings up, but fall short of women's​

this should not read women's sports, it should read "Caitlin Clark. . ." I dont think the ratings would have been nearly that high without her. But I could be wrong.

Back