• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU @ NCST 8:00pm ACCN

Has a matchup between 2 ranked SEC or B10 teams ever been on the SECN or B10N?

I mean the ACC deserves some blame for its national perception when the conference can't even get a matchup between two ranked teams (one top 10 team) off the ACCN and instead ends up with a matchup between two of the leagues biggest disappointments on primetime national TV.
Considering how many sec teams are usually ranked, I’m sure it has happened. But I’m too lazy to research

I don't like this start time at NC State.

Night game. Sellout. Extra time to prepare. Bleh.
NC St plays on Thursday this week, so I don’t mind the extra time to prepare. This is a bad start time for crowd/atmosphere though. I expect that place will be lit.

NC St plays on Thursday this week, so I don’t mind the extra time to prepare. This is a bad start time for crowd/atmosphere though. I expect that place will be lit.
We’ll see. I’m sure it will be a solid crowd but a lot of enthusiasm has come out of their fan base the last few weeks. If they find a way to lose to VT it could be a full-on tailspin.

But really there is absolutely no reason we should lose to State without Leary.

Losing Leary was just part of the problem. State's receivers can't get open, and the OL isn't very good.

Anybody have a hotel recommendation near that shithole of a stadium? Thinking of staying the night after we whoop that ass.

I feel weirdly confident this should be an easy 3 TD Wake win. Honestly, I think this is the easiest game left on the schedule, despite the solid home field advantage for State.

Since I posted that, State found a QB with some juice, Wake’s OL reverted to 2014 levels, and Bad Sam spiraled out of control. I still feel like we should win by 2+ scores, but am not confident at all that we will.

This game will tough regardless. They get some extra days to plan for us. It’s a rivalry game. We either forget the disaster that was UL or we let it crush us. We struggle to get 7 wins or go 10-2.

Clawson has a bad record coming off an ass whipping. It typically takes two games to get it out of their system. Hope they are extra pissed and focused this week.

up to Wake -3.5, total already bet down a whole TD to 53.5

How often has WF been a road favorite against a ranked ACC team, or any team?
Road favorite would probably be Duke the last few years. Possibly Cuse or BC a time or two. But I would imagine road favorite against a ranked team is uncharted territory

I have two tickets in the WF Section for sale. I bought them for $55 each, so $110 total. Let me know.

I'll be there, just in different seats thanks to a friend who can't go.

Back