• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU @ NCST 8:00pm ACCN

Well, the WF @ Lville line opened at 5 and dropped to 3 at kickoff.

This time, WF @ State line opened at 3 and has moved to 5.

Early week moves are caused by action from professional gamblers. They aren't scarred by blowouts like fans are. It's a good sign.

had to go to the second page to find this thread - that UL loss must have really taken it out of the fanbase

Wake fans are in show me mode, again. I much prefer the rare Wake fan who confidently predicts a butt kicking of opponents so I can remind them of some great loss in an earlier millennium. Now, all I need to ever say is: Louisville.

Hopefully there is some catharsis in the program and WF forever exorcises the ghost of Deacon Blues.

It is very interesting how humble WF fans are considering a ranked WF is playing away at a ranked Sate (which is either a first or extreme rarity).

The Louisville game changed things for me. Before that I really thought this team would be different from other recent Wake teams and play to its potential and run the table. Much less confidence going forward. Louisville wasn't just a tough road loss to a sneaky good team, which would have been disappointing but understandable. It was an epic collapse and we showed no ability to stem the tide. Success is just such a tenuous proposition for Wake football.

Obviously we'll find out a lot on Saturday, but the Louisville game could be a freak outlier just as easily as it could be some window into the actual soul of the team. Don't forget that we did curb their good start in the first half, came back and took the lead going into halftime, and not that it means much but they didn't score in the 4th. Just one quarter of absurdity that featured a bunch of individual mistakes from a myriad of players. Not writing off this team for that yet.

I expect to see the defense step up against a hobbled NC State team to take the pressure off of Sam and the offense. Hopefully get some confidence back for an epic showdown with UNC...

Obviously we'll find out a lot on Saturday, but the Louisville game could be a freak outlier just as easily as it could be some window into the actual soul of the team. Don't forget that we did curb their good start in the first half, came back and took the lead going into halftime, and not that it means much but they didn't score in the 4th. Just one quarter of absurdity that featured a bunch of individual mistakes from a myriad of players. Not writing off this team for that yet.

I expect to see the defense step up against a hobbled NC State team to take the pressure off of Sam and the offense. Hopefully get some confidence back for an epic showdown with UNC...
We need a not good, but great crowd against the Tarholes. I don't care what happens in Raleigh, hopefully we win and carry some momentum into the UNC game, but regardless the band wagon baby blue fans will be there in force and boy do we owe them after the last 2 years in Chapel Hill. State's defense is very good, so it will be interesting to see if the O-line can pick it up and give Sam a little time to operate. The Oline I thought did a great job against Clemson and FSU protecting Sam, I hope the Louisville disaster was just an outlier.

Aside from Leary, is state dealing with any other significant injuries?
Doesn't look like it, based on their depth chart. If anything, they've gotten a couple guys back recently in Pennix and (potentially) Sumo-Karngbaye (who I think is their best RB).

Need to keep their Pennix flaccid, as he's a unique TE/HB/WR.

anyone else worried about the curse of the backup QB striking us, it's been awhile

Clawson said Louisville is always doing those crazy, gimmicky trick plays and we practiced against them. Oops.

Then I saw mighty Central Michigan pull one off last night.

Is this the week, we get buck WILD and try a fake? I thought Clemson at home (nothing to lose) was the week.

anyone else worried about the curse of the backup QB striking us, it's been awhile

Pretty sure that curse vs. State ended when Jamie Newman beat them.

Clawson said Louisville is always doing those crazy, gimmicky trick plays and we practiced against them. Oops.

Then I saw mighty Central Michigan pull one off last night.

Is this the week, we get buck WILD and try a fake? I thought Clemson at home (nothing to lose) was the week.
Has WF under Clawson ever faked a punt or kick or tried a surprise on-sides kick? Don't even remember a running back/receiver pass...

Has WF under Clawson ever faked a punt or kick or tried a surprise on-sides kick? Don't even remember a running back/receiver pass...
I feel like our ST used to try some shit occasionally under that funny coach Clawsons first or second year, but not really in the last few years, no.

Back