• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Soccer:

But seriously, my favorite part about randos watching ONE SINGLE match is that they now think they know how to "fix" football.

"Guys. GUYS! I've got this shit figured out. We attach poles to the players' arms and force them to play on only one horizontal plane the entire time an equal distance from one another. All other rules stay the same and we never have to worry about offside. First to 6 wins. Oh, and players can't spin in circles. Not cool. OK, sorted."

Saying that you should have to score a goal to a championship is hardly saying how to "fix" the rest of the game.

You mean after the Championship. I don't recall you saying anything on this thread Friday night.

Drove over from Austin to catch the semi against Denver last Friday. Had a great experience despite the empty stadium and crappy field, and met some good Deac fans. I absolutely love the Congregation, which I never knew existed. They were by far the loudest and rowdiest of the sparse crowd.

I'm not going to pontificate on the merits of soccer or its overtime rules. I'm just a casual soccer fan but overall really enjoy watching it. All I know is that I was extremely proud by how hard those kids played for Wake Forest. That is a seriously talented group and I was crushed on Sunday when they fell oh so short of taking home the title. They played with poise and grit, something Wake teams don't display very often these days it seems. Would've been great to see them play on a legit field with a legit ref.

Thanks to the seniors. Let's get after it next year. What's the skinny on the recruits we have coming in?

Better idea: put rj in the goal for penalties. Whoever is able to most frequently blast a shot from 12 yards directly into his smug fucking face wins.

Even at my age, i could deflect most of them. My hands are still quick...now nut shots may be harder to block.

Drove over from Austin to catch the semi against Denver last Friday. Had a great experience despite the empty stadium and crappy field, and met some good Deac fans. I absolutely love the Congregation, which I never knew existed. They were by far the loudest and rowdiest of the sparse crowd.

I'm not going to pontificate on the merits of soccer or its overtime rules. I'm just a casual soccer fan but overall really enjoy watching it. All I know is that I was extremely proud by how hard those kids played for Wake Forest. That is a seriously talented group and I was crushed on Sunday when they fell oh so short of taking home the title. They played with poise and grit, something Wake teams don't display very often these days it seems. Would've been great to see them play on a legit field with a legit ref.

Thanks to the seniors. Let's get after it next year. What's the skinny on the recruits we have coming in?

Good post.

Better idea: put rj in the goal for penalties. Whoever is able to most frequently blast a shot from 12 yards directly into his smug fucking face wins.

rjkarl.gif

You couldn't be more correct. Having fun is really frowned upon by kickball fans...

Just start at the 50 yard line.

Yeah, 3 offensive players start at 50 yard line, defender starts at 18. 30 seconds to score. If a foul is committed by defender or goalkeeper, PK. If by offensive player, it's over.

Take one player from each team off the field every five minutes until somebody scores. Sudden victory.

Back