• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

What Do You Do When Your SO is Away?

along those lines, sometimes when I'm playing monopoly I steal money from the bank. especially when my wife is playing, too

I like to think Nora was an English teach and was trying to find some new material for her class, RJ just missed being read by 35 10th graders. Instead RJ just couldnt compete with Homecoming by John Bradshaw a self help book to reclaim your inner child, 5 stars from Nora.

Nora also looks like someone that would be dating RJ so it's sad she has so much hate in her heart.

Along the lines of the highlighted one, a friend got an entertainment center from Ikea. His wife went out to get some things while he was putting it together. He finished and called me in a confused state. He wanted to know what to do with 50+ extra parts.

I suggested he shake the unit to see if was OK. It was. Then I told him to put the extra parts in a bag, wrap it in another bag and then immediately take it to the dumpster 2-3 buildings over in their complex. He did.

A few years later, we told his soon to be ex-wife about the construction of entertainment center and she lost it. She got even angrier when we laughed about her losing it over something that had worked fine for a few years.

what kind of guy calls another guy for suggestions on how to solve IKEA problems?

what kind of guy calls another guy for suggestions on how to solve IKEA problems?

this was one of the things that threw me, too.
and based on everything I've come to understand about RJ... if you ARE the kind if guy who calls another guy for suggestions on how to solve IKEA problems, why would you call RJ?

1) Wake up and drive to Pisgah.
2) Meet friends, and ride bike for many hours without feeling guilty about missing family.
3) Meet friends for dinner. Hopefully Curate, Wicked Weed, White Duck Taco, Rocky's Hot Chicken or something great nearby. Drink a couple of beers and do normal things guys do, like talk a bunch of junk to each other or locals but do nothing truly bad. Drink a fine whiskey at Soverign Remedies.
4) Get in bed and turn on some movie my wife would never watch.
5) Sleep like a dead person.
6) Rise 30 minutes before sunrise and ride up to Jump Off Rock. Watch sun rise, think hard about next year's epic vacation destination.
7) Go home for a shower.
8) Repeat 2-7 until time to go home.

I'm not about to clean the house or play any damn video games. I mean for fuck's sake, it's Pisgah.

hmmmm interesting. I also do not do video games. I do beach. But I dig your style. You need to add more drinking drugs partying tho

Wife travels regularly for work, gone for 1-2 nights per week. When I make the bed in the morning, the 12 decorative pillows do not go back on the bed. They stay piled up on the bedroom floor. I eat everything over the kitchen sink with a goal of not using a plate or silverware while she is gone. If I can't eat it like a viking, I don't eat it. I have also left a skid mark in the toilet bowl to see how many flushes it can withstand before being washed away naturally or cleaned with a brush immediately before she gets home.

Wife travels regularly for work, gone for 1-2 nights per week. When I make the bed in the morning, the 12 decorative pillows do not go back on the bed. They stay piled up on the bedroom floor. I eat everything over the kitchen sink with a goal of not using a plate or silverware while she is gone. If I can't eat it like a viking, I don't eat it. I have also left a skid mark in the toilet bowl to see how many flushes it can withstand before being washed away naturally or cleaned with a brush immediately before she gets home.

I think this is my favorite thing to come of this thread so far. I'm a BIG FAN of this approach.

My wife and kids are rarely away but they do go to the beach for 4 or 5 days each summer.

Usually end up working late, but I go out to eat with my father-in-law and brother-in-law at least one night and usually will stop in on some friends that I don't get a chance to see that often. Then I go home and watch TV and crash.

My wife and kids are rarely away but they do go to the beach for 4 or 5 days each summer.

Usually end up working late, but I go out to eat with my father-in-law and brother-in-law at least one night and usually will stop in on some friends that I don't get a chance to see that often. Then I go home and watch TV and crash.

#olds

Back