• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

What is that??! (Cain Ad)

I think we need less practicality and more wisdom. Do you consider it wise to continue voting only for the 2 party political machines when the difference between the two parties is getting smaller and smaller? When Congress has a favorable rating of 7% that is an indictment of the actions of both parties as much as the tough economic environment. Our current political system will not sustain our country as "the land of the free, home of the brave" for another two hundred years (probably not for another fifty years) and the time for action is now. Other societies were also afraid of change and they all fell from their lofty status. I'm afraid we will repeat history unless Americans change their current manner of voting. However, you and I both know this will never happen as too many people would rather vote for a "winner" than vote for the best person for the job.

I'm considering voting 3rd party just to increase the number of third party votes, thus making it look like a more legit option in the future.

I've done it on four separate elections. More loyalty to an elected officials constituents and less to a political party would go a long way in getting us out of this mess.

According to Tom Brokaw, this ad is simply a tribute to Cain's 9-9-9. Smoking the cigarette show 9% for lung cancer; 9% for emphyzema;9% for coronary artery disease.

I as an independent could definitely vote for Huntsman over Obama. Not so with Romney as its hard to actually stands for. He is basically the Pubs version of John Edwards as all he does is run for President.

This is me. I'm actually slightly left leaning and I'd vote for huntsman over Obama. Probably not Romney (unless Romney really is the Romney who was gov of Mass, not some reinvented conservative Romney)

Hpw will anyone know which Romney they are votiing for? There is no position he won't take if he thinks it help him get elected.

Thank you for your moderate advice RJ. You could make the same argument about Obama, and I happen to kind of like Obama. Was Obama against Guantanamo before he was for it? What about taking money from lobbyists?

See how the game works? Stick to substance, and stop trying to disingenuously trash every Republican candidate.

You picked teo things over which there wasn't much choice.GITMO was so screwed up by W and his cabal and then attacked by even GOPers who supported closing it, that there was no way to do so.

I haven't trashed Huntsman. I think Ron Paul is an honest man with idiotic stances.

Plus it's not my fault that each of the others is a joke. You can't possibly take Santorum. Bachman, Newt, Cain, Perry or Paul seriously.

As to Romney cna you dispute the fact that he said he was more liberal than Ted Kennedy on gay rights and now opposes them?

Can you dispute that last month he was for the anti-collective bargaining bill, then last week had no positio nand then was against it again?

You know there are many, many other issues on which REPUBLICANS have questioned which side Romeny is on as he has been on both.

Rather than making blanket attacking statements why don't look at the field?

As I've said MANY times Thune and daniels would have been tough to beat.

I can't help it of the only the nine dwarves are running.

I dispute that you are moderate. The only Republicans you ever have anything good to say about are the ones that aren't running.

I dispute that you are moderate. The only Republicans you ever have anything good to say about are the ones that aren't running.

For at least the 100th time, I am moderate on fiscal issues and what many call progressive on social issues.

As I've stated many times. I have never voted for a Republican for POTUS but haved voted for Republicans for Senate, House, governor, mayor and a lot of other offices.

I've donated to specific people of both parties but neither party directly.

I worked at arm's length with Jack Kemp's office on a couple of Enterprise Zones. I worked with Bob Dole's extended office on NAFTA.

I don't think about party. I think about the individual issues and the people who are running.

Furthermore, you are intentionally dancing around the issue you initiated. Did I misrepresent any of the current GOP cnadidates?

You were also inaccurate in saying I have trashed every one of them. I have not trashed Huntsman. Saying Paul's beliefs are extreme is not trashing him.

JUST ONCE, I'd like you to READ what I post on this subject and respond to what I SAY not what you want impose upon me.

Last edited:
who the fuck cares what rj calls himself and why do you people let it derail threads all the damn time?

who the fuck cares what rj calls himself and why do you people let it derail threads all the damn time?

ANSWER: Because it is easier than admitting when they are wrong. Basically my positions on the GOP candidates are reflective of what many in the GOP think of this group people running for POTUS.

If millions of Republicans didn't agree with me about Romney lacking any core values, there wouldn't have been so many flavors of the month.

Romney doesn't lack core values, he just isn't conservative enough for the Tea Party. Romney is a politician in the same manner that Obama is a politician.

Romney doesn't lack core values, he just isn't conservative enough for the Tea Party. Romney is a politician in the same manner that Obama is a politician.

Talk about being blindly partisan. Comparing Obama to Romney in taking a position on issues is nonsensical.

I never thought you'd say such a thing.

Back