• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

What is your biggest regret?

getting involved with a volunteer while working for a non-profit (that sounds worse than it was, i was 22, he was 24). i lost credibility with my fellow staff members and jeopardized my own work by putting my job at risk. it seemed 'worth it' at the time... but in retrospect it was dumb. i subsequently broke the guy's heart, too, but that's a different set of emotions.

:koolaid:

I hope to one day be rich enough to study abroad on my own.

I got a job offer in DC right out of school that I really wanted to take but my 3+ year gf basically talked me out of since she still had a year left in school. I opted for one in CLT instead and we broke up the next fall. #idiot

I'm counting that as having a long term gf in college as well....

I wouldn't call it a regret per se, but I would have loved to try to hike at least some of the Appalachian Trail at some point when I was in college or whenever. Not sure though when it would have been possible. Also, it would probably have been awful. But, in theory, it would have been cool and I would have enjoyed at least some of the experience. When the Peanut becomes of age, I need to figure out how to take like a 6 month sabbatical and go with him.

I wouldn't call it a regret per se, but I would have loved to try to hike at least some of the Appalachian Trail at some point when I was in college or whenever. Not sure though when it would have been possible. Also, it would probably have been awful. But, in theory, it would have been cool and I would have enjoyed at least some of the experience. When the Peanut becomes of age, I need to figure out how to take like a 6 month sabbatical and go with him.

This is my story, this is my jam. I plan to take the window somehow when I have a kid who is 18-22.

I would highly recommend it, I haven't come close to doing all of it but the little that I have done has been incredible.

One of my besties in high school hiked it with his bro a year or so ago. Said it saved his life.

That book by Bill Bryson where he hikes some of the Appalachian Trail is one of the 5 funniest books I've ever read.

That book by Bill Bryson where he hikes some of the Appalachian Trail is one of the 5 funniest books I've ever read.

a walk in the woods?

I loved walking the AT. It was my first serious camping trip, and it prepared me for future hikes. Where i proceded to be the BAWSE.

Back