• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

What skill would you implant Matrix-style into your brain?

Which skill?

• Total voters

CDeacMan

Ishmael Smith
Reaction score
I’m bored on a Friday so I thought I’d make a poll. The Matrix is one of my favorite movies ever, and I particularly like the idea that they can simply inject knowledge/expertise into their brains so that they immediately have skills that would normally take years to master. So say science has figured out how to do this, but you can only choose one of a few possible skills to inject into your brain. Which one of the options below would you choose?

Fighting mastery – basically like in the movie, you will have mastery level skills for all fighting styles, making it so you can destroy anyone physically in a fight

Extreme sport mastery – expert level ability in sports like skiing, snowboarding, surfing, climbing, skydiving, etc. that most people with actual jobs don’t have time to learn how to do

Scratch golfer – self-explanatory

Gourmet chef – ability to throw together incredibly delicious meals from scratch

Languages – you would learn 3 other languages (besides English) fluently (any 3 you would like, both written and spoken)

Full automotive repair knowledge – basically you would be able to diagnose and repair any issue you ever have with a car forever

Play guitar – skills that would rival the best guitar players in the world

Dance – expert in any and all dancing styles

Sing – incredible singing voice

I'm going with languages. That would be awesome. I'd do spanish in all of it's iterations (latin american, argentinian, castillian, etc), chinese, and arabic (also in their various forms).

...and then I'd take over the world and have plenty of time to learn the other items up there (except sing and dance, I find there is comic relief in being incredibly bad at both).

Tough time deciding between extreme sports and guitar.

i wish there was some sort of study explaining what it says about you to pick a certain thing.

i said language...the rest i have already mastered!

sports mastery and car knowledge were my other two. i think sports would be more fun, but car more useful.

I am going guitar, fighting, sports. I can make money with those. Scratch golfer isn't good enough to go pro, languages (at 3) makes you about average in the world, dancing seems eh, cooking you can make money but not good money, and automotive isn't gonna be a money maker either.

good question; tough because none of those are blowing me out of the water awesome.

languages, auto repair, and golf are great. i'd rather have super math or engineering skills.

hmm

who said dance?
nvm (public poll)

unpredeactable... dance? really?

I am going guitar, fighting, sports. I can make money with those. Scratch golfer isn't good enough to go pro, languages (at 3) makes you about average in the world, dancing seems eh, cooking you can make money but not good money, and automotive isn't gonna be a money maker either.

Yeah, I took fighting out because even if it could make you money, it probably wouldn't be worth it w/ all the physical abuse you'd have to take.

Extreme sports and guitar could defs work. Also both good for impressing teh hoodrats.

Languages also seem like it would be the most work to learn on my own.

who said dance?
nvm (public poll)

unpredeactable... dance? really?

I put dance, I think that would be silly. I want to be good enough to be in a sweet hip hop crew or dance in a movie either channing tatum style or stomp the yard.

I don't get why the language one is so popular.

went w/ auto repair. something I enjoy but it seems infinitely practical, assuming i could translate it into any engine repair (tractor/mower, motorcycle, boat, etc)

languages was close second but doesn't seem as useful for me, personally

Back