• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

What skill would you implant Matrix-style into your brain?

Which skill?

• Total voters
If guitar hadn't been written in such an overwhelming way (rival the best in the world), I wouldn't have picked it. However, you can make tons of money if you're among the best guitarists in the world. None of the others offer that opportunity.

If guitar had been written more like the golf one, I would have picked languages. Learning a language is hard work and to be able to become natively fluent in 3 at the drop of a hat would be amazing. In my line of work, it would likely make a huge difference in terms of my salary and being in demand as well.

This was me as well. Best in the world at guitar = Eric Clapton or something...by far the best choice on the list. There are tons of scratch and near-scratch golfers (to chose the best analogy of the remaining choices) that are nowhere near professional.

Now, world-class chef (as opposed to being able to throw together meals from scratch) is another game changer.

Poll Fail

Great poll.

I think having a mastery of three non-English languages opens more doors and opportunities than most of the options. I'm not just talking about job prospects, either. Being able to travel with ease, meet and learn about several world cultures which most folks have cursory knowledge, and watch/read/digest a much larger volume and media and entertainment. Besides being a gourmet chef, this is something that would probably get the most use. In my mind, one becomes a more resourceful, traveled, worldly, jack-of-all-trades with this ability.

Scratch golfer was also really appealing.

definitely extreme sport mastery-like redbull commercial type of shit though, squirrelsuits, snowboarding in front of an avalanche, etc.

I think we should make this a weekly poll and just shuffle around the skills

definitely extreme sport mastery-like redbull commercial type of shit though, squirrelsuits, snowboarding in front of an avalanche, etc.

Haha figures from someone from San Diego. You live in PB or OB, don't you?

Back