• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

What skill would you implant Matrix-style into your brain?

Which skill?

• Total voters
Right, but not the same opportunities as a world class guitarist, or a badass extreme sports guru.

Even then, you're still doing shitty sales, engineering, management. Just in different languages. That's not exactly life changing.

Again, we are on this one.

I don't have any interest in golf, extreme sports or fighting. I wouldn't be a good performer even if I had guitar, singing or dancing skills - no spotlight for me please. So that leaves cooking, auto repair or languages for me. I'm not terribly interested in living the rest of my life covered in grease & oil, so no car repair for me. Languages would probably be better for my professional life than cooking, though cooking would perhaps benefit my personal life more. I think it would be a lot easier to become a decent cook than to learn even one new language.

I don't have any interest in golf, extreme sports or fighting. I wouldn't be a good performer even if I had guitar, singing or dancing skills - no spotlight for me please. So that leaves cooking, auto repair or languages for me. I'm not terribly interested in living the rest of my life covered in grease & oil, so no car repair for me. Languages would probably be better for my professional life than cooking, though cooking would perhaps benefit my personal life more. I think it would be a lot easier to become a decent cook than to learn even one new language.

Man, I'd at least go with Chef out of those choices. You could pwn noobs on Top Chef and start restaurants and shit.

I think you're underestimating what being good at those skills would do for your confidence performing as well.

Man, I'd at least go with Chef out of those choices. You could pwn noobs on Top Chef and start restaurants and shit.

I think you're underestimating what being good at those skills would do for your confidence performing as well.

Well apparently she wouldn't because she is just a technically sound chef and can't come up with her own creative dishes, according to these rules. :thumbsup:

I picked languages because I love travel, I would totally win the Amazing Race, and I like eavesdropping on people who think I can't understand them. The job benefits would be bonus.

I think you're underestimating the creativity piece. Technical skill does not necessarily translate into brilliant creations. There are a ton of skilled cooks who aren't creative enough to compete on Top Chef. same thing for the guitar/singing/dance.

I was just thinking, if being a good chef came with all the ingredients automatically implanted into my fridge/pantry, then I'd choose that.

I can't afford gourmet meals all the time, it would be really expensive, so I'd cook fancy like once a month or something. Being an actual chef in a restaurant doesn't come with good hours.

Well, I interpreted the chef one specifically as being good at throwing things together from scratch/being creative. The other ones maybe not so much.

I went with languages for the simple purpose of being able to go anywhere and basically do whatever I want.

Though auto repair is a very close second, because that would (I'm assuming) allow me to work for a race team, which would be awesome.

Maybe we should change the premise to which of these things would you want to be awesome at but you can't use said skill for monetary gain.

RTQ... you are really bad about having fun with hyotheticals. I just imagine your xmas list being like:

Socks
Pencils
Paper Towels
Batteries

Well, I interpreted the chef one specifically as being good at throwing things together from scratch/being creative. The other ones maybe not so much.

I did too, but I also assumed being good at guitar had creative skill involved.

Sports. Wanna make that MONEY and get my own sneaker.

You don't need languages to travel. I would also travel while on tour for my Monta Ellis guitar skillz.

Maybe we should change the premise to which of these things would you want to be awesome at but you can't use said skill for monetary gain.

Then I'd still be picking skills that would impress the chicas. So it would still be guitar/extreme sports at the top. That might move dance up a bit though.

Then I'd still be picking skills that would impress the chicas. So it would still be guitar/extreme sports at the top. That might move dance up a bit though.

Defs, chicks love dudes that can dance. I feel like people always make fun of dude dancers but if your at the bar and someone has serious moves gotta respect.

You don't need languages to travel. I would also travel while on tour for my Monta Ellis guitar skillz.

sometimes it's nice to speak the language when you don't want to be the douchey american traveler...

Back