• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

When did you become BuzzOut?

never liked the hire... but when my friends who don't even really follow the team started commenting on our play, I knew it was bad.

Most of my friends, sadly, root for the other three. With Odom and Skip, they strongly disliked, yet respected Wake because they were competitive and beat the other three routinely. Nowadays, they give me their sympathy; tell me things like "No team deserves a coach so bad". "I miss when you guys were good". "I'm sorry its come to this". etc... When UNC, Duke, and State fans want you to get a new coach instead of beating the piss out of you over and over, you know it is beyond bad.

When the rumors broke that Wellman was considering him...buddy that went to CU told me to run as far away from Bzzz as you can, that he was a program destroyer, not builder.

I was buzz out the second I read rumors we were looking to hire him. No track record of success save 1 season. Outside of that he has done a lot of average. We should have never hired him in the first place. To think, we were 1 of the top programs looking for a coach that off season, now we're going to be lucky to get a High School coach to take over.

I can't pinpoint an exact date, but I was BzWaitAndSee for a long time before about midway through ACC season this year, when we were losing most games by double digits. Having a bad first year is one thing. But there is no excuse for a coach who inherits Travis and C.J. to not even be competitive in his second year. You don't get to make the "my recruits" argument for getting blown out in your second year in basketball. If you didn't inherit enough good players, you needed to realize that and get five or six freshmen in here who can play. You can't use talent level as an excuse when your first recruiting class produced one guy who can play. And I'm not talking studs - I'm talking about guys who can beat Wofford, guys who can just look respectable against ACC teams. It's really not as difficult as Bzz is making it look - coaches inherit bad situations all the time, but very rarely do they do as badly as Bz has in his first two years.

Yep, 100% agree with this. Sums up when I became BzzzOut.

I can't pinpoint an exact date, but I was BzWaitAndSee for a long time before about midway through ACC season this year, when we were losing most games by double digits. Having a bad first year is one thing. But there is no excuse for a coach who inherits Travis and C.J. to not even be competitive in his second year. You don't get to make the "my recruits" argument for getting blown out in your second year in basketball. If you didn't inherit enough good players, you needed to realize that and get five or six freshmen in here who can play. You can't use talent level as an excuse when your first recruiting class produced one guy who can play. And I'm not talking studs - I'm talking about guys who can beat Wofford, guys who can just look respectable against ACC teams. It's really not as difficult as Bzz is making it look - coaches inherit bad situations all the time, but very rarely do they do as badly as Bz has in his first two years.

Pretty much sums up my thinking as well.

Back