• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Who should start at Quarterback against Virginia Tech?

Who should be the starting Quarterback in two weeks against Clemson?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think the OOC is weak because ND is on the schedule.
Yes, except it is also weak when ND is not on the schedule, like 2022. Which suggests that if we didn’t have Notre Dame, we’d have more Vandy. Ole Miss will be an improvement.

Last edited:
By soft I mean guarantee of a bowl game. We always have three or four layups and then it's finding two wins in what has been a pretty soft ACC these past eight years.

What does he have in ranked wins? NC State win with Newman when they were like #23?
Georgia and Michigan play weaker OOC games. Playing vs NCSU, Lville, FSU and Clemson all of those years was brutal. We played at App St, UNC home and away, ND a few times… can’t play 12 tough games at WF and have enough players left to finish the season.

I think we should start Kern against Clemson for a few reasons.
-Everyone knows we are not going to win at Clemson, even Clawson and the team have to realize this
-Mitch's confidence is not in a good spot and getting killed at Clemson would add to the misery
-Having Mitch in a worse spot moving forward could really tank the season if Clawson sticks with him
-Giving Kern a shot at the toughest place for us historically is one way to find out if his practice/camp production really is shit.
-Maybe catch lightning in a bottle and he turns into Tom Brady. If not, it shuts up all the outside "noise" about it and Mitch is healthy.
-Prime chance to "reverse the curse of the backup quarterback"

Mitch could "tweek" a hammy or something next week in practice to save face in the media about getting benched. Even though no one would really bat an eye at it due to all his and the teams issues. Kern and or Mariucci plays at Clemson, we lose and Mitch has 3 weeks to clear his head and reset.

Clawson will make the changes he thinks necessary to improve the offensive performance. Griffis will have the next two away games to show improvement. No wins or no improvement over the next two games, Clawson will make a change at QB. He will give Griffis the opportunity to show his confidence in him is justified.

He will give Kern his first start at home where he will have the support of a fan base ready for change. A first start with 70K+ hostile fans screaming for blood is not conducive to success.

Clawson will make the changes he thinks necessary to improve the offensive performance. Griffis will have the next two away games to show improvement. No wins or no improvement over the next two games, Clawson will make a change at QB. He will give Griffis the opportunity to show his confidence in him is justified.

He will give Kern his first start at home where he will have the support of a fan base ready for change. A first start with 70K+ hostile fans screaming for blood is not conducive to success.
Virginia Tech is our most winnable game left. If you don't make the change before then, season will be lost

I think we should start Kern against Clemson for a few reasons.
-Everyone knows we are not going to win at Clemson, even Clawson and the team have to realize this
-Mitch's confidence is not in a good spot and getting killed at Clemson would add to the misery
-Having Mitch in a worse spot moving forward could really tank the season if Clawson sticks with him
-Giving Kern a shot at the toughest place for us historically is one way to find out if his practice/camp production really is shit.
-Maybe catch lightning in a bottle and he turns into Tom Brady. If not, it shuts up all the outside "noise" about it and Mitch is healthy.
-Prime chance to "reverse the curse of the backup quarterback"

Mitch could "tweek" a hammy or something next week in practice to save face in the media about getting benched. Even though no one would really bat an eye at it due to all his and the teams issues. Kern and or Mariucci plays at Clemson, we lose and Mitch has 3 weeks to clear his head and reset.
Mariucci is dawg! real competitor, super strong arm, not afraid of contact either. . . heck the dude was on the tackling side of the ball last year!

this is who I wanted to vote for in the poll, but didnt have the option!

We complaint about Griffis who has 1,000 and had 9 tds and 6ints.
States Armstrong has 971, 5 tds and 6 ints

It’s what we do best

It’s justified. I don’t chalk this up to us being a fussy fanbase. Most fanbase would be far more animated about this than we are anyway.

I am very impressed with Griffis as a person and a Wake Forest representative. We are trying to compete in a P5 conference and simply have to have play from the most important position in sports that is better than bottom of the barrel. I put this on the coaches. This situation needs to be fixed yesterday.

Back