• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Who will be our QB in 2024? or Hank Bachmeier (BSU/LT) is a Deac!

Some of these posts are absolutely ridiculous.

He's what, 17? 18? He threw 3 picks all year and had a rough game. His OL didn't do him too many favors on a couple of the plays I saw.

Did he make a couple bad throws? Yes.

But saying he's Mitch, and he sucks, and whatever else is just so fucking stupid.

If you were expecting him to come in as a true freshman and start, then that's your own fault. We have a 5th or a 6th year QB that'll win the starting spot this off-season while Hecklinski grows physically, mentally and skillfully.

Take a fucking breath. Holy small sample size....

He's what, 17? 18? He threw 3 picks all year and had a rough game. His OL didn't do him too many favors on a couple of the plays I saw.

But saying he's Mitch, and he sucks, and whatever else is just so fucking stupid.

If you were expecting him to come in as a true freshman and start, then that's your own fault. We have a 5th or a 6th year QB that'll win the starting spot this off-season while Hecklinski grows physically, mentally and skillfully.

Never count out a miserable fucking fan base to find something to be miserable about

Didn't watch the game but it sounds like maybe he was pressing harder than normal since it was the championship game.

hs recruiting for any non-elite prospect (i.e. 5 star) is already such a big crapshoot.

making any definitive conclusions good/bad on high school play/production at all, let alone one game, is kinda a fools errand imo.

Last edited:

Pretty sure he reclassified and is 19 or 20. Just saying that we would be in trouble if he is starting next year unless he makes a massive leap. If he weighs more than 160, I would be shocked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Never count out a miserable fucking fan base to find something to be miserable about
Sure. Flip side of it is all the jocksniffers who were certain he was going to come in next year and be great, based upon ... reasons, I guess (or in truth, based upon wishing that he would be savior because nobody is happy with what we have at QB).

He is a HS QB. Maybe he will turn out to be a good QB. But nobody on this board knows either way. And the constant assumption that the guys in the room now suck but the NEXT guy is going to be great is just dumb.

Sure. Flip side of it is all the jocksniffers who were certain he was going to come in next year and be great, based upon ... reasons, I guess (or in truth, based upon wishing that he would be savior because nobody is happy with what we have at QB).

He is a HS QB. Maybe he will turn out to be a good QB. But nobody on this board knows either way. And the constant assumption that the guys in the room now suck but the NEXT guy is going to be great is just dumb.
you call it being a dumb jocksniffer, I call it being hopeful and optimistic because having something positive to anticipate in the future is part of the fun of being a sports fan.

what's wrong with having hope? What is fun about saying to someone who is hoping for good things "god, you're so dumb"?

you call it being a dumb jocksniffer, I call it being hopeful and optimistic because having something positive to anticipate in the future is part of the fun of being a sports fan.

what's wrong with having hope? What is fun about saying to someone who is hoping for good things "god, you're so dumb"?
“Hope” is not a strategy.

Because the unrealistic optimism leads to people reacting to the championship game the way that they did. We put unrealistic expectations on these kids and then excoriate them for not meeting those expectations. Which is stupid.

Because the unrealistic optimism leads to people reacting to the championship game the way that they did. We put unrealistic expectations on these kids and then excoriate them for not meeting those expectations. Which is stupid.
those are two separate issues IMO

It's possible to be optimistic about the future and also not overreact to one high school game.

Back