• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Who will be our QB in 2024? or Hank Bachmeier (BSU/LT) is a Deac!

you call it being a dumb jocksniffer, I call it being hopeful and optimistic because having something positive to anticipate in the future is part of the fun of being a sports fan.

what's wrong with having hope? What is fun about saying to someone who is hoping for good things "god, you're so dumb"?
Sig is one of, if not the, most consistently negative posters on the board, most famously for the "Buckle in and prepare to suck" post from 2016 in reference to being stuck with Clawson as coach for at least another couple of years.

All evidence to the contrary.
I mean are you matching poster to poster? There have been a ton of people excited about Hecklinski who didn't say shit about the game last night. Most of the people overreacting to the game last night are the negative nancies who overreact to every bad thing that happens to Wake

Think we all could have done with a little less Hecklinski hype, considering it was magnified 10x after the QB year we had. Without it we'd have all been justifiably excited about a kid who put up video game numbers all year but looks like a high school quarterback. Which is fine. Does some great things, gets away with some stuff now that will have to be corrected at the next level. Also fine. Looks like a perfect one year redshift candidate and a potential starter.

Instead MaxPreps writes him up as top 5 and half the fanbase is like START HIM ON DAY 1 then he gets dinged for 3 picks and we panic. Ahhhhh, the aftermath of a bad year of Wake football...

Maybe I'm losing my mind, but I think most people I've seen want an open QB competition once Hecklinski gets to campus. I haven't seen anybody anointing him as the CHOSEN ONE or anything like that. I think he's an under-the-radar QB who we landed early and made a good evaluation on. I expect growing pains, and think he may not even be the starter from day one.

Maybe I'm losing my mind, but I think most people I've seen want an open QB competition once Hecklinski gets to campus. I haven't seen anybody anointing him as the CHOSEN ONE or anything like that. I think he's an under-the-radar QB who we landed early and made a good evaluation on. I expect growing pains, and think he may not even be the starter from day one.
I mean yeah, of course it should be an open competition between all QB's on the roster, but if he comes in a beats out Kern and Bachmeier, that sure doesn't say much for them. Hopefully the kid sits the first year he's here, grows and matures.

Yeah, but Wake has a history of QBs starting from day one, so there will be more focus on a true freshman QB here than most places.

Whoa Whoa Whoa!! Let's pump the brakes here. We all know spring practice is the only thing that matters when it comes to QB1.

Yeah, but Wake has a history of QBs starting from day one, so there will be more focus on a true freshman QB here than most places.
Personally I'd like to see a situation where he can sit back for a year to mature and learn. Hopefully Kern and Bachmeier are solid and can be 1 and 2 (not necessarily in that order) and the kid progresses and can hit the ground running as a redshirt frosh.

Personally I'd like to see a situation where he can sit back for a year to mature and learn. Hopefully Kern and Bachmeier are solid and can be 1 and 2 (not necessarily in that order) and the kid progresses and can hit the ground running as a redshirt frosh.
I think that's what everyone (including the staff and likely to some level Hecklinkski and fam) is hoping for. Seems like ideally Kern or Bachmeier start in their final season of eligibility and then the reigns are handed to Hecklinski as a RS Frosh. If Hecklinski doesn't seem ready at that point another trip into the portal will be necessary

Sig is one of, if not the, most consistently negative posters on the board, most famously for the "Buckle in and prepare to suck" post from 2016 in reference to being stuck with Clawson as coach for at least another couple of years.

Believe his infamous post was "Strap in and prepare to suck" with Clawson but either way he really nailed that one

Believe his infamous post was "Strap in and prepare to suck" with Clawson but either way he really nailed that one
Nice to know the best you can come up with is a post from 2016. Also nice to know that 2 of you care enough to remember what I posted in 2016, directly after beating Tulane 7-3.

I was also happy to wrong on my prediction after that game.

it's also amazing that Angus is keeping historical tabs on every prolific poster on here, which is somehow more pathetic than any of the other board schticks that he likes to mock so often

Comparing Roarke's 2024 season at IU to Bachmeier's 2024 season at WF will be interesting.

Well, Roarke will have Ellison picking up blitzes, so advantage Roarke, I suppose. (I kid, I kid)

WF offered Roarke on 12/5, and Bachmeier committed 12/10 - did WF disclose the offer was good until the first QB committed, or did WF have feedback that Roarke was not likely, and moved on to Bachmeier?

Nice to know the best you can come up with is a post from 2016. Also nice to know that 2 of you care enough to remember what I posted in 2016, directly after beating Tulane 7-3.

I was also happy to wrong on my prediction after that game.
It wasn't intended as an attack. I don't see you as a MFF'er who feels the need to repeat his negative opinion over and over in an attempt to inflict your misery on others. However, if you offer an opinion on something, it seems like it's almost always going to be pessimistic.

It wasn't intended as an attack. I don't see you as a MFF'er who feels the need to repeat his negative opinion over and over in an attempt to inflict your misery on others. However, if you offer an opinion on something, it seems like it's almost always going to be pessimistic.
Occupational hazard of being a Wake fan for 40+ years. Sad thing is, being pessimistic is almost always the right prediction when it comes to Wake.

eta- I think I predicted Wake to go 6-6 this year in football, so even I was overly optimistic in this particular case.

Back