• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Who will be our QB in 2024? or Hank Bachmeier (BSU/LT) is a Deac!

And as I just said, I think it's perfectly fair to criticize that in hindsight.

But beating the point into the ground isn't really doing anything at this point. He's already in the transfer portal.

So it wasn’t fair to criticize Griffis believers at the time, only in hindsight.

But it’s not “doing anything” to question people’s opinions now (which is in hindsight) because Griffis is in the transfer portal.

That’s convenient.

So it wasn’t fair to criticize Griffis believers at the time, only in hindsight.

But it’s not “doing anything” to question people’s opinions now (which is in hindsight) because Griffis is in the transfer portal.

That’s convenient.
What the hell are you talking about dude. Criticize whatever you want, I do not care at all.

I'm making the statement that I have now decided, as I look back at the season, that's where I draw the line as to when continuing to start Griffis is worthy of criticism. Around the Clemson game. I didn't ask and do not care where you draw that line.

Also yeah, continuing to seek out fights about Mitch Griffis on OGboards isn't accomplishing anything believe it or not.

My random projections are that a healthy Kern all year would have had us at 8-4 and even just rolling Mooch out there every week could have gotten us to 6-6. Instead, we witnessed one of the worst, and most drawn out, coaching personnel decisions in the history of college sports.

Hyperbole? Maybe?

PhD and Timmy taking their victory lap:

Obama_Didn_t_Forget_Any_Told-You-Sos-7ef5103da9f118acc18ba8ba421757ac

PH and I got some shit for dumping on Griffis and asking for Kern early on, so I think a little bit of a victory lap now that we were proven right is only fair.
And just like every situation where somebody takes a victory lap after being “proven right” everyone else is rolling their eyes and doing a giant jack off motion

Here's a fun little article: https://theathletic.com/5104498/202...r-portal-quarterbacks-tracker-best-available/

Couple quick takeaways:
-A 1 year starter is probably closer to $500-750k than the 1.5-2 mill that was said.
-2 Power 5 personnel were concerned about Brosmer's athleticism and were unsure whether he was a P5 starter. But people are raving about his poise, anticipation and accuracy
Nobody mentioned this tidbit at the end.

Power 5 schools in the market for a new QB are curious to see whether Ohio’s Kurtis Rourke, Toledo’s Dequan Finn and USF’s Byrum Brown, among others, become available in December. Rourke and Finn have earned MAC MVP honors in the last two seasons and would be the kind of experienced leaders that contenders value.

Brown ranked No. 7 nationally in total offense (3,823 yards, 34 total TDs) in his first season in Alex Golesh’s offense and helped guide the Bulls to bowl eligibility as a redshirt freshman. He’ll continue to put up big stats in that system, but the North Carolina native would likely have Power 5 options close to home after NC State, Duke and Wake Forest all lost quarterbacks to the portal.

Giving people shit for being wrong is a hallmark of this board.
Is it? Seems like that only happens when people are 1) being incredible assholes or 2) blatantly lying about things they said.

If somebody was optimistic about something it kind of sucks to come back a few months later and be like “haha, see I told you we would suck. You’re such an IDIOT”

@TimmyClutch and @PhDeac I feel really left out. I was on this bandwagon from the beginning!
So was the majority of the board, but if it makes them all warm inside let them have the credit, especially since the credit for being right about Griffis and $10 ( used to be $5, inflation you know) will get you a cup of coffee and a danish.

Back