• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Who will be our QB in 2024? or Hank Bachmeier (BSU/LT) is a Deac!

Ha, Essex with the "has a WF QB look about him" comment is exactly the thought I had watching his film.

Kern may be a wonderful human being but I'm not seeing him as a legit QB1. Great backup though, thrilled he's staying. Even with Grimes out, our receiving group (hopefully, if enough stay) is still good enough to justify getting some real talent at QB. And if he's really a potential 2 season starter it'd be the perfect bridge to Hecklinski timing-wise, if that's the plan.

Ha, Essex with the "has a WF QB look about him" comment is exactly the thought I had watching his film.

Kern may be a wonderful human being but I'm not seeing him as a legit QB1. Great backup though, thrilled he's staying. Even with Grimes out, our receiving group (hopefully, if enough stay) is still good enough to justify getting some real talent at QB. And if he's really a potential 2 season starter it'd be the perfect bridge to Hecklinski timing-wise, if that's the plan.
And the coolest thing about Kern is he's ok with that and just loves Wake and his teammates.

Not sure how he would have two years left after playing in 2019, 2022, and 2023.

Right, he’d be a 1 yr bridge while Hecklinski develops as a FR.
Also fine, I thought I saw online somewhere that he could play 2. Something, something COVID something injury whatever. But yeah looking at this experience that doesn't make much sense.

The Granite State is taking alot of strays on this here thread, when in actuality the great staff in Durham and UNH QB great Ricky Santos seemed to have done an amazing job of developing this young man into a potential Wake Forest QB. The UNH offense attempted to evolve from a spread passing attack to a more balanced offense this year. Brosmer relied heavily this past season on senior RB Dylan Laube who had nearly 700 yards receiving to go with his 715 yards rushing. This was a loaded team that lost some close games. While this season did not go as hoped for our mighty Wildcats, they still brought home the Musket against Maine.

The Granite State is taking alot of strays on this here thread, when in actuality the great staff in Durham and UNH QB great Ricky Santos seemed to have done an amazing job of developing this young man into a potential Wake Forest QB. The UNH offense attempted to evolve from a spread passing attack to a more balanced offense this year. Brosmer relied heavily this past season on senior RB Dylan Laube who had nearly 700 yards receiving to go with his 715 yards rushing. This was a loaded team that lost some close games. While this season did not go as hoped for our mighty Wildcats, they still brought home the Musket against Maine.
Anybody that can kill a Black Bear with a Musket, has some skill.

I am actually surprised that Brosmer is the preferred FCS guy. If Clawson was looking for someone who would be more familiar with an RPO offense and act as more of a dual threat QB, Matt Sluka of Holy Cross would be a better fit.

I am actually surprised that Brosmer is the preferred FCS guy. If Clawson was looking for someone who would be more familiar with an RPO offense and act as more of a dual threat QB, Matt Sluka of Holy Cross would be a better fit.
Are we sure both haven’t been offered?

I think we learned this year that dual threat is a "nice to have" but even when Hartmen was essentially relegated to only passing (because of his ribs) the offense was just fine. We need someone who can sling it and make timely reads.

Back