• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Who will be our QB in 2024? or Hank Bachmeier (BSU/LT) is a Deac!

Is this guy the best we could get? Can we please get a QB taller than 6’1?
resize

It’s a 2022 scouting report and it’s encouraging that he got an NFL scouting report. Curious to see what he did last season for La Tech.

I mean, I love Kern. But if you think Clawson is both blind and stubborn enough to refuse to play "the answer to our QB problems" because he somehow liked Griffis' personality better, I don't know what to say (other than when all else, based on a complete data set, is roughly equal, go with the younger guy). Our floor is higher with Kern, which is wonderful. But our ceiling needs to be higher.

I know absolutely nothing about this new dude. But I know we need a higher ceiling, from him or someone else.

One of the most endearing and frustrating thing about the World Wide Web is the way folks take woefully incomplete data, apply their armchair expertise to it, and extrapolate it into War and Peace (sadly not the excellent Syd Straw record, but that long-ass book I was supposed to, but never, read).

Hank had a spectacular (redshirt?) fresbman year at Boise, but it has been all downhill ever sijnce. I don't think he is the answer.
Ruorke just mught be if healthy, His brother, with similar skills, tore up the CFL in 2022 before getting hurt.

An under-the-radar guy I really like is New Mx State frosh Blaze Berkowitz. Blaze, who came in when the starter was injured, demonstrated a strong arm and excellent running ability. A bit raw perhaps, but brimming with portential.

Last edited:
It’s a 2022 scouting report and it’s encouraging that he got an NFL scouting report. Curious to see what he did last season for La Tech.
The team was horrible but IIRC they were in several games but just everything broke against them.

Maple Missile - big boy from Canada. He was the MAC POY in 2022. Tore his ACL at the end of 2022 season. Tried to comeback as soon as the 2023 season started. At the end of the 2022 season, Kurtis Roarke was an NFL prospect. He has the size 6-5 231, a gun and can run. The issue now is whether he can get back to 2022 form after his knee injury. If he can, he would be a home run pick up.

He’s a stud.

Back