• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Will we be Better or Worse next year?

Will we be Better or Worse next year?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Daniel Green is 6-11? He was listed at 6-9 when he committed and is 6-10 on his bio.

That's irrelevant.
Not to the point you tried to make earlier. Size isn't the issue when we've got two centers at 7'1 and 6'10, a PF who can play center competitively at 6'9, and plenty of guys ranging from 6'6-6'8. Thats actually a good sized team. The issue is how good and how well coached they are, not how tall they are.

Daniel Green is 6-11? He was listed at 6-9 when he committed and is 6-10 on his bio.
Not sure, I just threw what seemed right out there. He seems bigger, maybe he has a relatively large wingspan?

I do think Green will make a notable difference next year, just for the fact that he's not Cav or Washington playing post minutes.

Not to the point you tried to make earlier. Size isn't the issue when we've got two centers at 7'1 and 6'10, a PF who can play center competitively at 6'9, and plenty of guys ranging from 6'6-6'8. Thats actually a good sized team. The issue is how good and how well coached they are, not how tall they are.

Not sure, I just threw what seemed right out there. He seems bigger, maybe he has a relatively large wingspan?

I'm with you on your argument, but Devin's not 6'9".

We lose 1 honorable mention all-ACC player. That's it (barring transfers). Look at what half the other teams are losing: Duke (Curry, Plumlee, Kelly), Miami (Scott, Kadji, Gamble, Johnson), NCSU (Brown, Leslie, Wood, Howell), Clemson (Booker and Jennings), VT (ACC POY Green), FSU (Snaer). That list doesn't include people jumping to the NBA other than Lo Brown and CJ Leslie.

We will have the ACC active career scoring AND rebound leader coming back. We have 7 rising sophomores who showed some promise. Daniel Green is back and some freshmen are coming in. If this team doesn't at least make the NIT even with Buzz coaching, my head will explode. With a decent coach, I think we have the pieces to be an NCAA Tournament team next year and 2 years we could be really good.

Fuck you Ron.

"Not to the point you tried to make earlier. Size isn't the issue when we've got two centers at 7'1 and 6'10, a PF who can play center competitively at 6'9, and plenty of guys ranging from 6'6-6'8. Thats actually a good sized team. The issue is how good and how well coached they are, not how tall they are."

Do you just want to troll?

Implicit in anyone's statement about the team is talent. Who cares if there are tall guys who haven't proven they can play?

Keep trolling if you choose.

I'm with you on your argument, but Devin's not 6'9".
Is he taller? It was 6'9 last time I checked. I wouldn't be surprised if he's grown.
We lose 1 honorable mention all-ACC player. That's it (barring transfers). Look at what half the other teams are losing: Duke (Curry, Plumlee, Kelly), Miami (Scott, Kadji, Gamble, Johnson), NCSU (Brown, Leslie, Wood, Howell), Clemson (Booker and Jennings), VT (ACC POY Green), FSU (Snaer). That list doesn't include people jumping to the NBA other than Lo Brown and CJ Leslie.

We will have the ACC active career scoring AND rebound leader coming back. We have 7 rising sophomores who showed some promise. Daniel Green is back and some freshmen are coming in. If this team doesn't at least make the NIT even with Buzz coaching, my head will explode. With a decent coach, I think we have the pieces to be an NCAA Tournament team next year and 2 years we could be really good.

Fuck you Ron.

Crucial factor: All the other good teams have better recruiting classes. Also, the ACC will be MUCH better next season.

"Not to the point you tried to make earlier. Size isn't the issue when we've got two centers at 7'1 and 6'10, a PF who can play center competitively at 6'9, and plenty of guys ranging from 6'6-6'8. Thats actually a good sized team. The issue is how good and how well coached they are, not how tall they are."

Do you just want to troll?

Implicit in anyone's statement about the team is talent. Who cares if there are tall guys who haven't proven they can play?

Keep trolling if you choose.
You said we're too small and have no three point threats. You're wrong. We have decent size, but you're right on the shooters.

Not everyone who points out that you're wrong is a troll RJ.

I'm not wrong. Implicit in any such statement is talent.

It's your pettiness not to understand this.

Crucial factor: All the other good teams have better recruiting classes. Also, the ACC will be MUCH better next season.

Agree the ACC will be a lot better next year and other teams will recruit better. Pitt and Syracuse will have significant losses to graduation/early entry to the draft too; they will still be better than us of course.

I just hate the LOWF feeling that we won't be better than 6-12 next year because we are losing CJ. I know these will be Wellman's talking points next year though.

I'm not wrong. Implicit in any such statement is talent.

It's your pettiness not to understand this.
So you're right because any big that isn't good shouldn't be considered as actually contributing to a roster's "size"?

That's downright disrespectful to the players, and is also nothing more than an opinion.

Agree the ACC will be a lot better next year and other teams will recruit better. Pitt and Syracuse will have significant losses to graduation/early entry to the draft too; they will still be better than us of course.

I just hate the LOWF feeling that we won't be better than 6-12 next year because we are losing CJ. I know these will be Wellman's talking points next year though.

Eh, the new teams coming in have a lot more of a factor than losing CJ if you ask me. This year's team would have the same fate IMO.

I've walked by Green numerous times in the Pit. I'd put him at 6'10". Definitely not as tall as Dre.

It's unlikely we won't be better than 6-12 because we lost CJ and the league is better.

If the poster who said we play Duke and State twice are correct, it will take a lot of things breaking our way to get to 7-11:

We will lost to Duke twice
If we are very lucky we will split with State.
We will lose to each of the new ACC teams.
We will lose to Carowhina

This leaves us nine games. Let's give us the benefit of the doubt and say 4 are on the road and five are at home.

Given [Redacted]'s track record, that's at least 12 losses.

I've walked by Green numerous times in the Pit. I'd put him at 6'10". Definitely not as tall as Dre.

Green could probably bench twice as much as Dre though. Dude is getting beefed.

Does anyone know how much weight he's put on since the injury? He had gained a ton prior to the season.

if we are talking KP ranking then the new teams make little difference in how "good" we are.

if we are talking KP ranking then the new teams make little difference in how "good" we are.

True, but they have a huge influence on our ranking considering we'll be playing them constantly.

Considering how some of these games will be on the road and some will even be on Tuesday, we're not going to have a pretty record.

"So you're right because any big that isn't good shouldn't be considered as actually contributing to a roster's "size"?"

The fact is only Cav and Devin played real minutes. Cav is playing out of position. It doesn't matter that he's 6'9. He's a swing 3/4. He had never played in the post in his life before coming to Wake. Being a big means being a post player.
Who cares about how tall people who won't play much are?"

That's downright disrespectful to the players, and is also nothing more than an opinion"

It's not disrespectful. it's their reality thus far. They have the chance to prove me wrong and I hope they do.

Back