• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Winter/Spring Sports (2/12 Update)

2-0 to the Deacs at halftime. Morehead State had a couple of good periods of possession where we looked sloppy, but we controlled much of the half after the goals. Whoever our blonde left half is, she sees a ton of the ball and is always booking ass back on defense. I like her.

Great wins for FH and soccer! Soccer plays 4th seed Penn St at UVA on Friday. If they can get through that will have a massive matchup with 1 seed UVA on Sunday.

Seems like I might be the only person watching -- or perhaps the only person that cares -- but the Wake/Carolina NCAA quarterfinal field hockey match right now is pretty awesome.

We scored in the second minute, #3 Carolina followed it up with a quick goal a few minutes later. A bunch of bad mistakes on our part defensively led to another Carolina goal and, later, a penalty stroke was brilliantly saved by the Deacs' goalie.

1-2 at halftime to the bad guys.

http://www.goheels.com//mediaPortal...OEM_ID=3350&catid=0&id=1049797&db_oem_id=3350

Seems like I might be the only person watching -- or perhaps the only person that cares -- but the Wake/Carolina NCAA quarterfinal field hockey match right now is pretty awesome.

We scored in the second minute, #3 Carolina followed it up with a quick goal a few minutes later. A bunch of bad mistakes on our part defensively led to another Carolina goal and, later, a penalty stroke was brilliantly saved by the Deacs' goalie.

1-2 at halftime to the bad guys.

http://www.goheels.com//mediaPortal...OEM_ID=3350&catid=0&id=1049797&db_oem_id=3350

I'm watching too. . . . :couch:

Men's Soccer gets the #14 seed in the NCAA Tournament and will host the VCU/Navy winner on Sunday.

We get Navy. They won 3-0, evidently all three goals were in a quick spurt.
Navy hasn't lost in quite some time.

Really good win for women's soccer against Penn State today. PSU was #9 in the RPI and Wake was #24. Wake will now play the winner of UVA-Georgetown in the round of 16.

Men's soccer will play Navy on Sunday at Spry in the NCAA round of 32.

Field hockey lost to UNC in the NCAA round of 8.

If I'm reading the scoring correctly, Wake already has 174 Director's Cup points. Last year Wake only had 172.5 points for the entire year.

The non-revenue sports are definitely on the way back up.

M Soccer plays Navy at 5 pm today at Spry. It will be cold, but no rain.

W Soccer plays UVA at 5 pm today in Charlottesville.

Good luck to both!

What's the deal with beer/drinking on the hill for NCAA tournament games? Can you do it?

M Soccer plays Navy at 5 pm today at Spry. It will be cold, but no rain.

W Soccer plays UVA at 5 pm today in Charlottesville.

Good luck to both!

UGH, terrible timing. How am I supposed to watch both games?

GO DEACS

Someone please update the line graph.

Back