• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Winter/Spring Sports (2/12 Update)

Impressive showing for Wake with 6 All-ACC men's soccer players, including more first-team players (3) than any other school. I thought the pic on www.wakeforestsports.com/ was cool.

LOL at the goalie in the background.

BZED5cnCQAATBjj.jpg:large

Anybody else watching the Field Hockey NCAA tourney game against Old Dominion? First time in the tournament since 2010.

http://www.goheels.com/mediaPortal/player.dbml?catid=0&id=1049796&db_oem_id=3350

Down 0-1 -- we get a yellow card penalty which is a 5 minute man-down penalty!

During that penalty, we score a great team goal to tie up the game.

Penalty ends with a minute left in the half, time expires, but we are awarded a penalty corner.

Penalty corner is saved, but another high stick infraction gives us a second penalty corner.

Great set play leads to a goal for the deacs! 2-1.

2-1 at halftime right now.

I watched off and on. I don't know anything about field hockey at all and I can't figure it out by watching. I don't know what green cards are but I suspect they're like yellow cards in soccer right?

BULLSHIT penalty corner given to Old Dominion because the ref listened to the fans. Old Dominion scores.

2-2

Old Dominion is the most successful NCAA Field Hockey team with 9 national championships. Wake is fourth, with three (straight).

Shots -- 11 Wake, 7 Old Dominion

Ten minutes to go, maybe. Winner plays Carolina.

Women's soccer take on Morehead State tonight at 7!!

(Looks like there might be a free video stream, linked through the official site)

HOLY SHIT! Incredible backhand goal off of the top bar for the Deacs! 3-2 with five minutes to go!

Phew. Big win over a highly seeded team and probably the most storied program in Field Hockey history.

GO DEACS.

Very nice win. ODU beat UNC and Maryland late in the year.

We play UNC next. Even in the last few years, we have played UNC close several times. Maybe tomorrow is the day.

Maybe this will be the start of FH getting back to where it should be.

Only lost 3-2 in the first round of the ACC tournament. UNC is the number 3 seed overall. The ACC had all top four seeds, but Syracuse got upset by Michigan State today.

Goooooaaaaaallll! Deacs ahead 1-0 with 25 to go.

Shit! Deacs with a breakaway goal only 30 seconds later!

Very nice win. ODU beat UNC and Maryland late in the year.

We play UNC next. Even in the last few years, we have played UNC close several times. Maybe tomorrow is the day.

Maybe this will be the start of FH getting back to where it should be.

Fingers-crossed1.jpg

Back