• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Winter/Spring Sports (2/12 Update)

Amazing atmosphere at Spry tonight. Props to everyone who made their way out there to support the Deacs.

Wish I had known about the soccer game/Hill dedication. Bump to get this above football threads.

Field hockey wins in ot. Women's soccer wins at Syracuse. Women's tennis with a solid tournament and 3 flight champions.

Wish I had known about the soccer game/Hill dedication. Bump to get this above football threads.

I considered starting a separate thread before the game, but thought it made sense to keep it in here. Had I known how impressive the game and atmosphere would be, I certainly would have created a separate thread. Sorry.

#14 Wake beat App State 9-0 in field hockey. We also outshot them 43-4 lol. App State is now 2-7 on the season, but that's still domination.

Wake tennis player Adam Lee, ranked #86 in the country, beat three ranked players to make the fall national championship tourney. He beat the #107, #103, and #64 players. He joins wake teammate Romain Bogaerts, ranked #5 in the country, in the tourney (starts tomorrow).

Lee is a really fun player to follow. He works incredibly hard and is an absolute winner. He set the Wake Forest record for wins in a season last year, and won the last 12 matches of the season (when it counted the most - ACC and NCAA tourneys).

Over the weekend M soccer beat vt 3-0, vball went 1-1 with a nice come from behind win at Notre Dame and a loss at #20 Duke, and field hockey lost at #4 Duke.

M soccer plays Tuesday at 7pm at NC State and the game will be on ESPN3. Wake is going for their 400th program victory. I thought this was a good read http://wfuclassof2017.tumblr.com/post/63372346546/the-life-of-an-athlete

M soccer earned a tie at NC State last night. The Deacs were up 1-0, down 2-1, tied it, and then had several decent chances to win it. The Deacs remain in first place in the ACC and play a good Clemson team at home Friday night.

Wake tennis player Adam Lee, ranked #86 in the country, beat three ranked players to make the fall national championship tourney. He beat the #107, #103, and #64 players. He joins wake teammate Romain Bogaerts, ranked #5 in the country, in the tourney (starts tomorrow).

Lee is a really fun player to follow. He works incredibly hard and is an absolute winner. He set the Wake Forest record for wins in a season last year, and won the last 12 matches of the season (when it counted the most - ACC and NCAA tourneys).

I had no idea Wake had a guy ranked that high.

I had no idea Wake had a guy ranked that high.

He's a transfer from Mississippi St. He finished his freshman year ranked #11 in the country and then transferred to Wake this summer. Pedro Dumont also transferred to Wake from MSU this summer, and the #1 player at Davidson (Nicky Kunz) transferred to Wake as well. All are eligible to play immediately. The men's tennis team looks to be very deep this year.

products%5CSAFETY%20PRODUCTS.A1.SKIN%20CARE%20PRODUCTS.SKINCARE%5CUV%20SKIN%20LOTION.SKINCARE%20K%5CSKINCARE%20K_I002001hand_WebPic1.JPG

I hope this is the right place to post this!11!!!111!!

On Tuesday, October 22, there will be a Q&A for those interested in playing Intramural Dodgeball. Also, get your team registration forms in soon for ultimate frisbee coming in the spring!

i heard we have an ultimate frisbee transfer from app state coming in. he's supposed to be a boss

thanks ron

Me too. I loved going to the olympic sports at wake.

A really remarkable weekend for the Deacs.

M soccer went to college park and beat md 4-3 to maintain first place in the ACC. Wake is now ranked as high as #4 in the country in some polls. This team is an ncaa title contender. They play at home tuesday night against Davidson, which should be another fun game at Spry.

W soccer won at Clemson 1-0. They lost one of the best players in ncaa history (Stengel) and another really good player (Nuzzolese), so winning at Clemson was really impressive.

Field hockey lost by 1 to #13 Stanford and then beat jmu 5-1. Wake remains a top 15 team.

Vball lost a 3-2 heartbreaker at Clemson but then turned around and swept gt in Atlanta. They've cooled off since their best start ever and are unlikely to make the ncaa tourney, but this team is headed in the right direction.

M and W tennis with good showings at Carolina ita regional. Max Kan looks like a really good freshman for Wake. The previous weekend he beat the #1 player for unc.

M golf finished #3 in a really strong field.

With all that, plus the football win, Camp's record, and webb's win, it was a great weekend for the Deacs.

Back