• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Worst Parent of 2015

My letterman's jacket, with the letter I fucking earned, unlike the mongoloid in that link, got me so much sweet high school pussy back in the day. What have you ever accomplished, Milhouser? Not jackshit, probably.

Still trying to figure out how myself, 94, and Karma all got lumped into one shitty parody.

it's a hs varsity letter you stupid loser. the retards probably had to do more to earn it than you did (let me guess, wrestling) just by having to deal with jackholes like you in high school.

you really are a terrible person. i hope you end up with a retarded kid.

Yes, wrestling (which probably gives both BBD and WakePhan a chub). Cross Country as well for one year (I ran two years).

If I'm terrible for recognizing that everybody in this story is a fucking idiot, so be it. It's sad that we live in a society where when somebody gets their feelings hurt, they have to run to the local TV station and make a federal case out of it. And of course the "victim" in this case happens to have Down Syndrome, so there's some traction for the sympathy angle right there, and his mother knows it and is milking it. Parents of HS students, and just students in general across all age groups, do seriously stupid and thoughtless shit on a daily basis. Ask some teachers what they put up with. Teachers view it as part of their job to put up with that shit. Perhaps parents should view it as part of parenting to put up with similar shit.

Maybe I misread, but was it clear that the mom went to the news station?

She sat down for a TV interview and reached out to the district AD and now wants a district-wide policy to give letters to the special needs kids.

Giving them a varsity letter for the sake of being retarded is definitely a dumb idea, and that was what was implied with the question that I highlighted from the article.

Earning a letter meant something to me in HS. I worked my ass off for it, and was a 3 year letterman in one sport and 1 year in another. We also had kids walking around with letters for band or for JROTC things-- basically nonathletic endeavors. It wasn't a big deal to us, as there was kind of an unspoken understanding that athletic letters were "real" and all that other wimpy shit wasn't. One would think that in this case, everybody with a letter in that HS knew that the kid didn't really earn the letter. As PhillyDeac said, there was probably some embarrassment from the kids that this issue even popped up, unless the kid was just a jackass like his parent(s).
I nominate this post. What a fucking joke. I can't help but notice the similarities between gay marriages destroying traditional marriage and this kids letterman jacket destroying the sanctity of real varsity letters. If my fat ass could earn a varsity letter for wrestling than this kid should be the fucking starting PG at his high school and get all the pussy that entails.

She sat down for a TV interview and reached out to the district AD and now wants a district-wide policy to give letters to the special needs kids.

You're making a really shitty assumption that the mom wants all special needs kids to get letters simply for being special needs. Her kid plays extracurricular basketball, so she thought it would be nice to get him a letter.

I think her request was to allow special needs kids to EARN varsity letters, I'm sure by being managers or equipment helpers, or whatever, and allowing them to "earn" the letter like you did when you played.

maybe brasky was right that peeps on this board are still clinging to mediocre high school achievements

You're making a really shitty assumption that the mom wants all special needs kids to get letters simply for being special needs. Her kid plays extracurricular basketball, so she thought it would be nice to get him a letter.

I think her request was to allow special needs kids to EARN varsity letters, I'm sure by being managers or equipment helpers, or whatever, and allowing them to "earn" the letter like you did when you played.

This. no reason why there can't be different ways to EARN a letter that says you represented your school in an extracaricular activity. the real problem here is not including the developmentally disadvantaged in your letter program thereby showing all students they need to be segregated from the "real" school activities. You know, the ones we should value like sports. The principal and teacher (I am assuming coach) should be ashamed of themselves and the school district should step in and have a conversation about the need to educate ALL their students and offer the same opportunities.

ELC missed the memo that it's possible to be an acerbic asshole without also being an awful human being. He's really outdoing himself on this thread

As a member of the 99 lb weakling club I was never able to earn a letter in a real sport in high school and as a result I harbor great animosity towards people like ELC who were able to overcome any of their own (relatively few) overall deficiencies to become a far better man than I will ever be. You da real MVP ELC.

Because she apparently went online and bought the shit without giving consideration to the fact that such things are earned. I figure the kid expressed some interest in a letter jacket and she wanted to appease him. I get that. Apparently it was easier to spend the money and order online than it was to blow off the kid's wish/request.

I mean god damn. That is just breathless idiocy and awfulness right there.

Her son did something awesome that he was really proud of, and she gave him a fucking jacket for it. Her son who has had to spend his whole life dealing with assholes teasing him and apparently grown ass adults who think he shouldn't be able to wear the same fucking jacket as their kids.

It's a fucking jacket, dude. It means absolutely nothing and it made this kid proud. Why the fuck should anyone have a problem with that?

If the jacket doesn't mean anything then why is it such a big deal?

The jacket clearly means something and her son earned it by his participation in extracurricular activities.

If the jacket doesn't mean anything then why is it such a big deal?

The jacket clearly means something and her son earned it by his participation in extracurricular activities.

Should've clarified. The jacket SHOULD mean absolutely nothing to fucking grown ass adults, except insomuch as they are happy that their kid likes it.

it's a hs varsity letter you stupid loser. the retards probably had to do more to earn it than you did (let me guess, wrestling) just by having to deal with jackholes like you in high school.

you really are a terrible person. i hope you end up with a retarded kid.

If you want to advance the cause of kids with down syndrome, that's great, but stop fucking calling them retards.

Last edited:
First of all it's Down syndrome, not downs.

Second, I earned three letters in high school. Then I earned three letters when I became a member of my fraternity. You did not do these things. Therefore you may not wear my letters.

If they had letters for fraternity sports, I would have gotten a bunch of those too.

Back