• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Year 11 of the Lobo Era - 3 shut outs in the last 19 games (keeps getting worse)

2013 stats

#98t in scoring offense (20 ppg)
#104 in total offense
#56 in passing offense
#112 in rushing offense (only 17 teams under 100 ypg)
#102 in 3rd down conversion percentage (30%)
#121 in red zone percentage (56%)

Fucking miserable. . .Yikes!!!

Saturday's 13-0 loss to Syracuse was our 3rd shut out in the last 19 games (2012 at FSU and ND).

We have been shut out of 2 road games against FSU and the last two home games were shootouts.

Updated stats above (hint: we've gotten worse in the last month):

2013 stats

#111 in scoring offense (19.4 ppg)
#116 in total offense
#71 in passing offense
#118 in rushing offense (one of only 10 teams under 100 ypg)
#104 in 3rd down conversion percentage (33%)
#91 in red zone percentage (78%)
--#109 in red zone attempts (2.6 per game)

Lobo is to Grobe as [Redacted] is to Wellman.

SAT that shit, baby.

I'd love to see a list of OC with 10+ years at one BCS school. It has to be an incredibly small list. Just googled a bit, and it looks like VaTech had a long tenured OC, but he was demoted recently. Lobo has to be the longest tenured OC.

Anyone have any idea on this?

These numbers scream to be illustrated using a line graph.

Ph... care to do the honors??

Ahh but what you forget is that before he was a terrible OC, Lobo was responsible for years of terrible OL performance. They guy can not recruit, cannot coach, cannot adapt to his personnel, but continues to have a job! AMAZING

I'd love to see a list of OC with 10+ years at one BCS school. It has to be an incredibly small list. Just googled a bit, and it looks like VaTech had a long tenured OC, but he was demoted recently. Lobo has to be the longest tenured OC.

I don't know about OCs with 10+ years experience all-time, but there are only ten HCs who have had their job as long as Lobo has been our OC, so that's where I started looking.

The only two coordinators on either side of the ball that I could find who have been a coordinator at same school as long as Lobo has been here were Bud Foster as the DC at VT (hired 1995) and Mark Banker as DC at Oregon State (hired 2003)

Additionally, there just aren't a lot of guys who have been at the same schools for 10+ years under the same Head Coach and then became coordinators - here are the ones that I could find:

Jarrett Anderson has been at TCU since 1998, but only because the Offensive Coordinator in 2009 and Dick Bumpas has been the DC for the Horned Frogs since 2004.

Mike Bobo has been at Georgia since 2001, but wasn't promoted to Offensive Coordinator until 2006.

Dave Steckel has been at Missouri since 2001, but coached only LBs until 2009.

I don't know about OCs with 10+ years experience all-time, but there are only ten HCs who have had their job as long as Lobo has been our OC, so that's where I started looking.

The only two coordinators on either side of the ball that I could find who have been a coordinator at same school as long as Lobo has been here were Bud Foster as the DC at VT (hired 1995) and Mark Banker as DC at Oregon State (hired 2003)

Additionally, there just aren't a lot of guys who have been at the same schools for 10+ years under the same Head Coach and then became coordinators - here are the ones that I could find:

Jarrett Anderson has been at TCU since 1998, but only because the Offensive Coordinator in 2009 and Dick Bumpas has been the DC for the Horned Frogs since 2004.

Mike Bobo has been at Georgia since 2001, but wasn't promoted to Offensive Coordinator until 2006.

Dave Steckel has been at Missouri since 2001, but coached only LBs until 2009.

Fine, but how many of those guys went to the Orange Bowl in '06?

Back