• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Your encounters with wildlife

We've had a bear in our neighborhood in the past month that was tearing down bird feeders. Or, it was attracted by women on their periods. Not sure.

images
[

Ran over my 2nd fairly big copperhead in a week last night, so they appear to be out in full force these days. Beginning to think I am the one, true Copperhead Slayer. The Chosen One.

Seriously though, most of ya'll are as whitebread as me -- do you mofos encounter many copperheads? They're just about the only damn snakes I see in my hood, especially at night.

I dont come across copperheads very often, but it helps that we're very black snake friendly around the house. They do a great job of keeping them at bay.

I dont come across copperheads very often, but it helps that we're very black snake friendly around the house. They do a great job of keeping them at bay.

This. We have a 3-4 foot black snake that hangs out in the brush at the edge of our back yard. Haven't seen a copperhead yet.

Also don't have a rabbit problem anymore.

I honestly can't remember the last time I saw a snake in the wild. It may have been 20 years ago.

To reiterate, I don't live out in the country either. We just have a few creeks running through this part of town, and lots of mature trees and woods in the vicinity, so it must be prime copperhead habitat. I'd never seen a copperhead in the wild in my life until about 5 years ago, now I have double-digit kills. THE SLAYER.

i never see snakes in the wild. logically, either snakes keep the fuck away from me cause i'm a BAMF or i'm terrible at spotting them and it's a matter of time before i step on one and it bites and kills me. i foolishly subscribe to the former.

I hadn't seen any in the wild for a while. But this summer I have seen three. I truly and deeply hate snakes. They are my greatest fear, in a category of their own. Followed in a distant second/third by cancer and strokes respectively.

Back on July 4th as I was stranded on an out of fuel jet ski floating down the Yadkin River, I became one with an abundance of wildlife. There were a few baby deer on the banks of the river, I swam with a couple beavers (who I was actually quite afraid of because of how close they swam to me), and a few river otters. The river otters were quite possibly the coolest thing I'd see on the river in a while. It was quite entertaining to see them playing around.

A couple weeks ago I was fishing and I heard this weird fluttering sound in the sky over my head. I looked up and I thought it was two birds locked together fighting. All of a sudden this ball of wings and fur just fell out of the sky and hit the water. Turns out it was two bats that either got tangled up or ran in to each other or something. When they hit the water they separated and one flew off immediately. The other was puttering around on the surface of the water for about twenty seconds until it was finally able to lift off. Gross.

Back on July 4th as I was stranded on an out of fuel jet ski floating down the Yadkin River, I became one with an abundance of wildlife. There were a few baby deer on the banks of the river, I swam with a couple beavers (who I was actually quite afraid of because of how close they swam to me), and a few river otters. The river otters were quite possibly the coolest thing I'd see on the river in a while. It was quite entertaining to see them playing around.

watch out for the beavers

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...78ec02-f794-11e1-8253-3f495ae70650_story.html

My mom was just telling me about seeing some river otters while out boating. She said they were adorable and now I want to see them too!

I've been chased by those things on land and it was bad enough. I was a little worried being in water, which the beaver is much more adept and comfortable in than I was.

My mom was just telling me about seeing some river otters while out boating. She said they were adorable and now I want to see them too!

We've got some that live behind the house. You generally dont see them, but see all the piles of freshwater mussels they've been feasting on. They're so majestic.

I hadn't seen any in the wild for a while. But this summer I have seen three. I truly and deeply hate snakes. They are my greatest fear, in a category of their own. Followed in a distant second/third by cancer and strokes respectively.

I hate snakes. Problem is I see them all the fucking time

On my run on Monday, I saw two small black snakes at different points along the route. One (about 2' long) was laying in the crack between sidewalk blocks, and when I approached it freaked out and then I freaked out because I'd not seen it at ALL. The second one I saw because I was super paranoid at that point.

I don't mind snakes, but I don't like being surprised by them.

Watched a massive wolf spider building his web on our clothesline next to the garden for a solid 25 minutes last night. The web is probably 9 feet diagonally across. Homeboy is gonna catch so many flies.

I thought wolf spiders didn't build webs that they stalked and hunted being nomadic.

Back