• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Coaching Search Digest *Welcome Coach Manning!**

Reading the caption is painful. I stopped after "it's one more night of waiting for Tulsa and Wake Forest." For somebody to even question whether they should stay at Tulsa or go to wake is mind boggling.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to YoungBuck95 again.

I like the idea of going to 3 straight final 4's.

What am I missing?

What you are conveniently missing is he was run out of UCLA for being so destructive that they paid him 3.5M to go away weeks after winning the PAC12 regular season championship and less than a year after enrolling the #1 recruiting class in the country. A class that was returning with all but one player.

That's aside from the fact that he's played us like a fiddle all week and trumpeted to the rest of the world what we already know about the inept AD.

who really cares about this? so what if he made wellman look bad? So fucking what?

hopefully he is this shrewd with recruiting.

who really cares about this? so what if he made wellman look bad? So fucking what?

hopefully he is this shrewd with recruiting.

Exactly. Maybe he represents The New Wake Forest Way (TNWFW). fuck yall imma get my paper (and harry giles)

As soon as the presser is over the very first thing he needs to do is go to Giles's house. He has a lot to pitch to the kid.

So posters who call Wake Forest hypocritical (and rightfully so) for the culture wars are now saying that how DM acted in contract negotiations "speaks to his character"?

LOL

He's not classy. He's not a Wake Forest man. It's not the Wake Forest Way

Has nothing to do with some nebulous TWFW bullshit. He's actually created a story this week of "Tough decision: Wake or Tulsa." Hurts our image. Sorry if you can't understand that.

Doesn't hurt our image at all. No one will remember (other than Wake and Tulsa fans- two of the five or so smallest fanbases in D-I) this next week. WGAF at least he prompted us to do something rather than settling on Russell God Damn Turner.

Wake is fucking awesome job. That should be clear to anyone with half a brain, which is why it's so frustrating that Wellman and the administration can't figure this shit out. If Manning chooses Tulsa, it's not because it's a better job.

Also, it's pretty telling that once the Manning stuff broke OGB and Cookout were so demoralized that they just stopped caring about this thread.

FTR, the lack of updates lately is more due to this looking like a fait accompli than any demoralization. I'm not one of the morons who believes this is a better hire than Howland, Mack, or White (and you have to be a moron or shill to believe that), but neither am I one of the morons who think this is remotely on-par with the Bzz hire (and you have to be a moron to believe that too). It's underwhelming, but it's what we've got, and there's nothing to do but hope for the best. I do think there's a solid chance he ends up being a good coach.

It is amusing, as you posted elsewhere, how many people have suddenly become "BzzOut from Day One!" including a number of people who voted "BzzWait" in one or more of the early polls that were held on this very board.

Yeah! We are far better off settling for the 8th best option than the 10th!

Just like here, alot of the people now ranting against DM will give him a chance once he is hired. I thought Bzzzz was a terrible choice, but once he was hired you might as well give him a chance. When he spent his entire radio show in the heart of ACC season in year 2 talking about his incoming class, I knew this guy was an empty suit.

Even then, all he had to do was win.

Manning reminds me of Alan Major who was @ Ohio State before moving to UNCC to replace Lutz...Look at his record at UNCC and Manning may mirror that image. BTW, many Charlotte fans are demanding Major's ouster along with AD Judy Rose.

Back