• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

How low our image has gone... from a head coach no less

Exactly. WTH is the guy supposed to say? Would love to see New Bern or 22fan revise Marshall's statement to make it more acceptable (or "classy" or "whitebread" or whatever pussy LOWF label you want to put on it).

The fact that he is a 'prick' was given the reason whey he was so successful at Winthrop but was not getting huge attention. This was discussed during one of our previous coaching searches as why he wasn't coming to Wake.

Agree or not, the guy bitches about the fact that ACC teams won't come there to play, then says Wake was the one that would and instead of leaving it at that, he says it wouldn't be worth their trouble to play Wake. I'd say 99% of the coaches in the country are not going to make that last statement, they would just let it go.

Like it or not, his long term history is of being a prick and if IIRC some of that involves his AD's, so not the 'team' player some schools would like.

I just think that his background/history will keep him off our list.

I think it's naive to think he's signalling Ron to bring a truck full of money, if anything he's signalling everyone that money is what it will take. If just happens he was asked about rumors around Wake.

Prick, the way it's been used on this thread, seems to be synonymous with "man of confidence" and "person of uncompromising vision."

If I were him I don't think 10 trucks full of money would get me to jump to this train wreck.

I actually like that Marshall dissed Wake. Makes me laugh at Wellman's AD. But Wellman certainly was "not amused".

Ron is reaping the rewards of his hiring decision. Stupidest fucking decision in the history of Wake. Truth hurts and cannot argue what Marshall said.

LOL at people calling Marshall a prick for calling Wake not good. Are you watching the game right now? The truth hurts sometimes I guess.

LOL at people calling Marshall a prick for calling Wake not good. Are you watching the game right now? The truth hurts sometimes I guess.

Again, Marshall was considered to be a prick when he was at Winthrop. This is not news.

No shit. Why would he want to leave a program he took to the Final 4? Who he will get as a #1 seed? Wake is a dumpster fire. Have to fight K, Rick, Roy, JB and now Bennett for a chance at a tourney lol ok.

Again, Marshall was considered to be a prick when he was at Winthrop. This is not news.
I wouldn't call him a prick. I'd just say he's brutally honest and tells it like it is. To the thin-skinned who have a hard time accepting the harsh reality, I guess that's a "prick".

Marshall isn't part of the good ole boys club that Wellman likes all of his associates to be in. I would argue Bzzz really isn't either, but he's not a Dino type that probably stands up for himself when the Premiere hands down an order.

I would be shocked if Marshall came to Wake after the season he has had, and even more shocked if Wellman even offered him the job. Marshall, like Brad Stevens, wants a bigger job. Wake, at the moment, just isn't attractive. We haven't been relevant since 2010 on the national scene.

Part of the tried and true Wake Forest gossip machine. Keep on repeating something without an example or without a citation, and then maybe it'll become accepted fact.

I wouldn't call him a prick. I'd just say he's brutally honest and tells it like it is. To the thin-skinned who have a hard time accepting the harsh reality, I guess that's a "prick".

There is probably only one person that needs to decide if he's a prick or not. And he doesn't post on this board.

Part of the tried and true Wake Forest gossip machine. Keep on repeating something without an example or without a citation, and then maybe it'll become accepted fact.

Whatever, sorry I can't quote the comments that were posted 4-5 years ago. Doesn't really matter he's not coming here. I'd say 95% chance we would not make an offer and 80% chance the Marshall isn't leaving his current gig for Wake.

I could see us hiring the Washington guy. I don't even think Wellman makes an offer to the hottest coach in the mid-major market. We could have had Marshall in 2010, but now? Nah.

I've always been Shaka #1 whoever else #2. But for me, Marshall's comments and learning about the chip he carries around elevates the dude to a tie for our #1 target. Also he didn't say anything negative about our program, What he said was the absolute truth. We really need that type of attitude around these parts.

For anyone who has cable or satellite witchita state is playing on fox sports pacific in their confrence tournament right now
time warner cable 535

Jesus, who even cares how easy he is to get along with? It's not like any of us have to work with him.

But we're WAKE FOREST. We have CLASS. Which makes sucking out loud okay because we have CLASS.

Back