• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2014 Atlanta Braves Thread: HOF SMOLTZIE!

Just wanted to pop back onto the boards to say Dan Uggla is truly the worst 2nd baseman on the planet.

waiting for dv7 to come in here and pretend he cares about a sport other than epl!

BJ out of the lineup tonight....Bonifacio leading off and playing in center, Gattis at DH, Laird catching....it's a miracle!

Hmmm. Starting to think about rooting for a sub .500 finish, a coaching change, and a few aggressive roster moves.

let's be fair, there have been A LOT of injuries this year, especially on the pitching staff. You can try and patch a shitty pen and rotation together but the talent just isn't there this year. I don't know that Fredi can be blamed for that. Plus the Upton and Uggla situation left us with lots of money invested in guys hitting a buck seventy five. That's hard to overcome. Just bad personnel decisions with the roster.

7 game losing streak- ouch. Very fortunate to be only 3 games back with the Mets beating the Nats last night.

Fugging killer error by LaStella last night. Just killer.

Agree that we aren't built for the post season. Hard to imagine we get a series win throwing Teheran, Santana and Harang out there with shitty middle relief to back them up.

We have a slim chance if Heyward, Freddie and JUp all start really hitting.

Last edited:
A quick Atlanta sports story to lighten the losing mood over here.

I was up at Lake Rabun just north of Atlanta for the Fourth Of July this year. There was a party down the road, and on the way to it is ex Falcon head coach Dan Reeve's gigantic house on the water. It's called "The Endzone" and he has fancy golf carts and shit, but we never see him. But it's kinda cool that his house is there and we always hoped to run into him as Falcons fans.

This day however, we walk by and out comes Dan Reeves looking really irritated. He points at this random car that's double parked in front of the house across the street from him and yells at us, "YOU CAN'T PARK THERE!" My parents were a little ahead of my wife and I, so I turned around and said, "That's not our car." Dan's not buying it. "DID YOU HEAR ME?! YOU. CAN'T. PARK. HERE." He says it as if we're partially deaf or complete idiots. So very politely I try to tell him we didn't drive at all, we walked from a house just around the corner. We don't know whose car that is. We get like 10 more steps down the road.

"YOU HAVE TO MOVE YOUR CAR RIGHT NOW - IMMEDIATELY" he yells at us again. At this point we start walking a little faster, and we pass my parents. They glance behind us and see a creepy mad Dan Reeves power-walking behind us. My Dad is like, "What the hell did you say to Dan Reeves? Is he following us?" I'm like, "I think so just keep walking he might be crazy."

So now all of us are briskly walking towards the house where the party is and they have a couple policemen outside to handle parking and traffic and whatever. Dan is still tracking us like a total psychopath, and looks suspicious enough that one of the cops stop him. When he announces the he is Dan Reeves the cop says "You know you're not allowed to be here" to which he replies "Yeah well tell that to all these people and their goddamn cars!" before storming off in anger. I tried to do a subtle dirty bird shuffle for him but he didn't look back unfortunately.

TLDR; Dan Reeves is my enemy and a complete old man nutcase these days and even his neighbors have him blacklisted from public parties.

As long as we get the win today & continue to pound the nats, well be in good shape come Monday.

TLDR; Dan Reeves is my enemy and a complete old man nutcase these days and even his neighbors have him blacklisted from public parties.

That story makes me sad. He goes to my church, I see him on the reg and he's always nice. Dude looks like he's in serious pain when he walks, football takes a toll. But I can totally see him getting pissed about double parking at Rabun. Great lake, hate that Garden and Gun put it on their cover, its like exposing a great secret.

That story makes me sad. He goes to my church, I see him on the reg and he's always nice. Dude looks like he's in serious pain when he walks, football takes a toll. But I can totally see him getting pissed about double parking at Rabun. Great lake, hate that Garden and Gun put it on their cover, its like exposing a great secret.

I'm sure he's perfectly normal with friends and under normal circumstances.

But that encounter was weird as hell. He really might have been on pain meds or something. Definitely came off like he didn't care what it was but he just felt like being pissed at something.

Back