• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020-2021 Continental Europe Domestic Soccer MEGA Thread (GER, ESP, FRA, ITA, etc.)

Should we create one European Soccer Thread?

• Yes - all leagues including EPL

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Yes - but keep EPL separate

Votes: 7 43.8%
  • No - I like individual threads with little interest

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • I hate soccer because God hates me

Votes: 2 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Turned down a chance for Napoli to go to Saudi

Just wild how big a draw money can be for people. I mean, I kinda get it too, but probably not at his age with Europe at my feet potentially. He's such a good player! Shame for Napoli

Players only get to play so long. They will tend to gravitate towards the biggest wage.
Yeah I find it tough to judge players if they're offered two or three times their normal wages. A lot of players are taking care of extended families with their salaries and taxes add up quick in Europe. Winning trophies is a luxury not everyone wants to prioritize.

Yeah I find it tough to judge players if they're offered two or three times their normal wages. A lot of players are taking care of extended families with their salaries and taxes add up quick in Europe. Winning trophies is a luxury not everyone wants to prioritize.
That especially holds true for players from developing countries. Just one anecdote of hundreds, read up on Angel DiMaria's upbringing and what he did for his family once he got a decent pay day.

I just think it will be interesting if going to play in the Saudi league kills off these young guys' international prospects. That's the main reason I'm surprised they are leaving - I get the money grab - but I don't get it as much if it means they don't get called up to their national team anymore. I assume that matters for younger players still. I am well aware it doesn't matter nearly all that much to established internationals that have been there and done that.

I just think it will be interesting if going to play in the Saudi league kills off these young guys' international prospects. That's the main reason I'm surprised they are leaving - I get the money grab - but I don't get it as much if it means they don't get called up to their national team anymore. I assume that matters for younger players still. I am well aware it doesn't matter nearly all that much to established internationals that have been there and done that.
I tend to think most of them will still get hard looks. The rub will come when it is time to announce rosters for major tourneys.

Call of the week?

Come on baby! Come on baby! USA! USA! Christian Pulisic, da capitan ovah USAh nazional tema!

I thought he was yelling cannionere at first and was like why does his accent sound like that?

Bayer quickly becoming must-watch under Alonso. Cool kit this year, too. I’m kind of meh on Tah, but Tapsoba and Kossounou either side of him (and potentially Hincapie, eventually) are great, and middle of back 3 is perfect for Tah’s skill set — I love this Kossounou guy. Frimpong and Flo Wirtz electric, Boniface a handful…it’s a good mix.

oh snap. PSG getting a good one here

Bradley Barcola is reportedly undergoing medicals at PSG to complete a 40 mil Euro transfer from Lyon. The guy needs to put on some weight (IMO) but his technique and short-distance quickness is pretty insane. He's gonna be one of France's next big superstars, I think.

I think 40 mil is steep but he could be worth triple that in 3 or 4 years easily.

Back