• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021 Fitness / Weight-Loss Accountability Thread - BACK FOR 2024!

Leg day this morning. I can’t wake up early on weekdays to save my life, but i like to on weekends to work out before kids have games. That way i don’t feel rushed to get it in between activities.

So I sent from 220 to 175 in a year. Over the past year I've gone from 175 to 185. And I think I've found the magic at this point. I'm back to drinking a lot of beer and eating just about anything I want, and I'm not gaining weight.

Key now is to gain some muscle. My wife is absolutely jacked and could kill me in 2 seconds. I just have trouble finding the time to get to the gym more than 2 days a week

Problem is I just really like bourbon and beer. And in my line of work I get a ton of free craft beer.

I may just do keto forever, except that it probably kills you at some point. Have done it a few times in the past with good results, then go back to my usual habits, particularly involving beer. Covid was the worst because it got me into the habit of imbibing daily. Wasn't getting drunk or even buzzed for the most part, but a couple drinks a night at my age is terrible for the physique. So got back on keto. Less than 3 months, and down at least 30 pounds, and I suspect more like 35 (I never seem to weigh myself before starting keto-- I just get sick of the way I look and know what I weighed before I got to the point where I'm sick of it). The cool thing is I've made a conscious effort to not do jack shit in terms of working out in order to see if keto would still be effective. It has been. But part of this could also be that I'm not building or retaining muscle as I go, and muscle weighs more than fat.

I have not had a single beer during this run, and didn't have any alcohol for the first month. Have had a few nights with a little whiskey, but mostly going with the very low carb ranch water hard seltzer type of shit. It's totally mancard revocable, especially when you realize that you kinda like the watermelon flavor the best, but I'm getting none of the bloat from beer and still losing weight. I love my beer, but dread the end of this keto run because it will be way too easy to get back into old habits. They opened a cool looking beer garden locally too that I'm aching to try out.

I may just do keto forever, except that it probably kills you at some point. Have done it a few times in the past with good results, then go back to my usual habits, particularly involving beer. Covid was the worst because it got me into the habit of imbibing daily. Wasn't getting drunk or even buzzed for the most part, but a couple drinks a night at my age is terrible for the physique. So got back on keto. Less than 3 months, and down at least 30 pounds, and I suspect more like 35 (I never seem to weigh myself before starting keto-- I just get sick of the way I look and know what I weighed before I got to the point where I'm sick of it). The cool thing is I've made a conscious effort to not do jack shit in terms of working out in order to see if keto would still be effective. It has been. But part of this could also be that I'm not building or retaining muscle as I go, and muscle weighs more than fat.

I have not had a single beer during this run, and didn't have any alcohol for the first month. Have had a few nights with a little whiskey, but mostly going with the very low carb ranch water hard seltzer type of shit. It's totally mancard revocable, especially when you realize that you kinda like the watermelon flavor the best, but I'm getting none of the bloat from beer and still losing weight. I love my beer, but dread the end of this keto run because it will be way too easy to get back into old habits. They opened a cool looking beer garden locally too that I'm aching to try out.

Stay strong ELC. Try to find something that will allow you to live the lifestyle you want and still keep it off. You know you have the discipline by doing keto this long, just need to find whatever makes you happiest with it.

Well done !

Been out of the gym since September. Back tomorrow. I’m fortunate that we have a gym at work - pretty low-key, but there are plenty of ellipticals for cardio. Covid wasn’t good for me weight-wise but I’ve got it all off and more, and it’s not coming back. Tomorrow is when I start anew.

Back