• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021 Fitness / Weight-Loss Accountability Thread - BACK FOR 2024!

At this point I don't need to lose anymore weight, but maybe gain 10 lbs of muscle.

I was 221 at my highest. I'm now 168...I eat healthy, run, do ab workouts. But I don't do any heavy lifting. Thinking until I get into heavy lifting that I'll be a skinny little beeyotch
doesn't have to be heavy lifting. Just consistent lifting

I tried "found" program last year, lost but had to keep changing the meds. . Stopped and got everything back.
Then gained more on xmas break.

I don't need to get back to college weight but nice to drop a size by May. (and keep it off without surgery)

Switching from 3x5's to a push/pull/leg rotation @150 reps per group. Effing killing me so far but holy smokes am I sore and feel yoked when I'm done.

Tour de Zwift started yesterday, always a great catalyst to get me back into shape. Combining it this year with swimming laps at the GAC M/W and lifting Tu/Th. Hoping I can exercise so much that my terrible eating habits are offset :)
They say you can't outrun a poor diet. But I found that you can, as long as you're running 30mi+ a week.

At this point I don't need to lose anymore weight, but maybe gain 10 lbs of muscle.

I was 221 at my highest. I'm now 168...I eat healthy, run, do ab workouts. But I don't do any heavy lifting. Thinking until I get into heavy lifting that I'll be a skinny little beeyotch
That's impressive; anything in particular other than pushing back from the table that enabled you to drop 40 lbs? I need to lose about 10 lbs. but have been stuck in neutral for several years now in spite of cutting back (some) on the booze and maintaining relatively healthy eating habits and daily trips to the gym.

That's impressive; anything in particular other than pushing back from the table that enabled you to drop 40 lbs? I need to lose about 10 lbs. but have been stuck in neutral for several years now in spite of cutting back (some) on the booze and maintaining relatively healthy eating habits and daily trips to the gym.

Even more impressive that it’s 53 pounds.

Lifting heavy isn't going to keep you from being a bitch.

I mean, look at mako.

I may just do keto forever, except that it probably kills you at some point. Have done it a few times in the past with good results, then go back to my usual habits, particularly involving beer. Covid was the worst because it got me into the habit of imbibing daily. Wasn't getting drunk or even buzzed for the most part, but a couple drinks a night at my age is terrible for the physique. So got back on keto. Less than 3 months, and down at least 30 pounds, and I suspect more like 35 (I never seem to weigh myself before starting keto-- I just get sick of the way I look and know what I weighed before I got to the point where I'm sick of it). The cool thing is I've made a conscious effort to not do jack shit in terms of working out in order to see if keto would still be effective. It has been. But part of this could also be that I'm not building or retaining muscle as I go, and muscle weighs more than fat.

I have not had a single beer during this run, and didn't have any alcohol for the first month. Have had a few nights with a little whiskey, but mostly going with the very low carb ranch water hard seltzer type of shit. It's totally mancard revocable, especially when you realize that you kinda like the watermelon flavor the best, but I'm getting none of the bloat from beer and still losing weight. I love my beer, but dread the end of this keto run because it will be way too easy to get back into old habits. They opened a cool looking beer garden locally too that I'm aching to try out.

2 Years ago I tried Keto and lost 60 lbs and needed to lose more. I started in like November 2021, and by the end of the following summer had lost the 60 lbs, but then I started to let a few more carbs in and then Thanksgiving and Xmas hit and I started gaining again. I'm up to what I was at before but determined to lose again this year.

Not very comfortable giving specifics about weights, but I need to lose A LOT. I'm starting with Keto + Intermittent Fasting combo and no jump in exercising quite yet because I have two terrible knees and feel like losing a little weight first will allow an easier transition to exercise. I'll never be a weightlifter, but I like jogging/walking/stretching, so that's my initial plan. I just gotta get used to buying the keto brands. It was such a strange feeling going from eating like I was, to only being hungry like once a day while in ketosis. Sometimes less often.

Who knows if I'll stick with that or this thread, but I'm hoping to. Looking forward to not being a fat slob anymore.

Back