• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021 Republican Coup (Practice Run)

I’ll say the obvious. A soldier who can’t be trusted to serve this country in DC during inauguration cannot be trusted to serve this country anywhere.

Jesus Christ.

Actually, I linked the wrong tweet, although I stand by the sentiment.

Seems like she couldn’t have fled if those people weren’t allowed to just walk away like nothing happened.

Not sure what thread will reach the most old-time board members, but it fits here anyway. Didn't we have someone post years and years ago that was a member of the metal band Iced Earth?

My sister in the Coast Guard just got some text alerting that the White House has upped the Continuity of Government conditions to 2, and should report to some kind of alternate operations facility within 4 hours should something happen. Seems concerning.

She was wondering if she was on some list since until a couple of months ago she worked at the HQ in DC but looks like everyone she knows got it and no one knows what to make of it.

My sister in the Coast Guard just got some text alerting that the White House has upped the Continuity of Government conditions to 2, and should report to some kind of alternate operations facility within 4 hours should something happen. Seems concerning.

She was wondering if she was on some list since until a couple of months ago she worked at the HQ in DC but looks like everyone she knows got it and no one knows what to make of it.

Capitol police are currently not allowing anybody in or out of the complex due to an “external threat” under 285.

Capitol police are currently not allowing anybody in or out of the complex due to an “external threat” under 285.

appears to be a homeless camp on fire

but I think she got the text before that happened. idk.

Maybe giving a shit about white nationalists being in the military or law enforcement might have been something to do a little earlier.

It’s like asking a tiger to get rid of its stripes. Law enforcement upholds white nationalism.

It’s like asking a tiger to get rid of its stripes. Law enforcement upholds white nationalism.

Let me ask a simple/elementary question. Obviously there's no objective answer, but curious what you're thoughts are.

What percentage of cops are good vs bad in your mind and opinions. I'm on record that the police definitely doesn't seem to attract the "best and brightest", but the media really only shows us when a cop does something terrible or awesome. It's not like 90% of cops are "bad cops"...I'd go as far as to say weeding out the "bad cops" over time would be way more effective than abolishing the police.

"Law enforcement upholds white nationalism."

Hard to deny that there are factions of it everywhere; but as a statement of fact, this is bullshit.

In my experience, 80% of law enforcement are non bias. 20% dirtbags.

Last edited:
"Law enforcement upholds white nationalism."

Hard to deny that there are factions of it everywhere; but as a statement of fact, this is bullshit.

In my experience, 80% of law enforcement are non bias. 20% dirtbags.

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2020/07/20/the-invention-of-the-police

To police is to maintain law and order, but the word derives from polis—the Greek for “city,” or “polity”—by way of politia, the Latin for “citizenship,” and it entered English from the Middle French police, which meant not constables but government. “The police,” as a civil force charged with deterring crime, came to the United States from England and is generally associated with monarchy—“keeping the king’s peace”—which makes it surprising that, in the antimonarchical United States, it got so big, so fast. The reason is, mainly, slavery.

Urban police forces are nearly always whiter than the communities they patrol. The victims of police brutality are disproportionately Black teen-age boys: children. To say that many good and admirable people are police officers, dedicated and brave public servants, which is, of course, true, is to fail to address both the nature and the scale of the crisis and the legacy of centuries of racial injustice. The best people, with the best of intentions, doing their utmost, cannot fix this system from within.

Back