• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2022 College Football Coaching Carousel

WVU fires AD Shane Lyons.

Head Coach Neal Brown likely next, once they get their new AD.

I'll take a wait and see attitude with this one.

Also:

Blain Crain is a real account that breaks actual news?

He apparently is a clown that is desperate to be first with breaking news, but he may have stumbled into an accurate take this time.

Sort of like when Lincoln Riley was going to LSU all last season ?!

I think Nick Saban could step down in two years and recommend Kiffin as his successor. Auburn is only a slightly better job than Ole Miss is right now with Kiffin at the helm in Oxford. Auburn's got sweet new facilities though.

I think Nick Saban could step down in two years and recommend Kiffin as his successor. Auburn is only a slightly better job than Ole Miss is right now with Kiffin at the helm in Oxford. Auburn's got sweet new facilities though.

Dabo is a Bama alum. I could definitely see him in that conversation.

Congrats, biff !

BTW, in case you were wondering what the going rate is for a coach at that level:

5 year deal worth $1m annually, $1.625m for 10 assistants + S&C coach, $507k for support staff (including 2 FT assistant strength coaches) and $124,500 for support staff personnel.

Apparently Mississippi has a law that state employees can only have a max contract of 4 years. That is hurting some of their coaching contracts.

Have heard that Kiffin thinks that he can recruit at a higher level at Auburn. Guessing that is code for Auburn has more money to play the NIL recruiting game than Ole Miss does.

Auburn allegedly in touch with Dabo. What in the absolute fuck ?

Auburn? After losing three straight? Clawson is probably interested, at least interested enough to take the phone call.

Fired SEC football coach is the best job in the world.

Auburn? After losing three straight? Clawson is probably interested, at least interested enough to take the phone call.

Yeah, why not subject your family to that ?! They would absolutely destroy him if there was any rumor that he was even on campus.

Back