• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2022 WFU bowl speculation thread

I will only be going to one in driving distance of WS. So I’m hoping for a game against the most interesting opponent

I will only be going to one in driving distance of WS. So I’m hoping for a game against the most interesting opponent
This is me. I would’ve gone to the Florida ones but those are pretty much out of the question at this point.

Do we have ANY shot at the Charlotte Mayonnaise Bowl? I can do that or possibly some of the Florida bowls.

Do we have ANY shot at the Charlotte Mayonnaise Bowl? I can do that or possibly some of the Florida bowls.
There is definitely a shot but we’ve been to Charlotte a lot. If we win on Saturday I also can’t remember them ever taking an 8-4 team. Actually I feel like they usually end up with a 6-6 team.

I’m going to the Wake-Rutgers game on 12/17. Please don’t put us in Fenway.

There is definitely a shot but we’ve been to Charlotte a lot. If we win on Saturday I also can’t remember them ever taking an 8-4 team. Actually I feel like they usually end up with a 6-6 team.

The Charlotte bowl game usually has teams in the 7-5 or 8-4 range. They occasionally have 6-6 teams (like last year) and have even had a few 9 win teams.
But I don’t think we end up there since we have been 2 times in the last 5 years

The only positive about the Fenway Bowl is that it would officially be the inaugural one since it keeps getting cancelled.

Go there, win the first one, put the trophy beside the one from winning the first Gator Bowl. Then don't get invited back for 6 plus decades.

Go there, win the first one, put the trophy beside the one from winning the first Gator Bowl. Then don't get invited back for 6 plus decades.
That's tempting, but the coldest I've ever been was a winter morning in Boston. I'll be content with my Seattle Bowl shirt (we're reigning champions).

We also played in the first Military Bowl. It was called the Eagle Bank Bowl

That's tempting, but the coldest I've ever been was a winter morning in Boston. I'll be content with my Seattle Bowl shirt (we're reigning champions).
I'm with you on both counts. It was a little disconcerting seeing all those Wake Forest fans clad in purple for that game.

I haven't been to a game at Fenway since Nomar was a rookie. And I'm Massachusetts-born and a Sox fan. Boston would be fine by me.

And just like that, the Fucking Sun Bowl slips through our fingers once again.

Enjoy your fucking yankee bowl freezing your dick off at a baseball stadium next to a river in mid-December.

We have got to stop letting so many shitheads from New Jersey into our school. These people think this is actually acceptable.

Last edited:
And just like that, the Fucking Sun Bowl slips through our fingers once again.

Enjoy your fucking yankee bowl freezing your dick off at a baseball stadium next to a river in mid-December.

We have got to stop letting so many shitheads from New Jersey into our school. These people think this is actually acceptable.
NJ people hate Pinstripe Bowl though…

That makes it Wake's 5th most recent different bowl. Wake's been to Charlotte twice since going to the Military Bowl. I think we're due.

Clemson should get the OB.
UNC, FSU, and ND will get the #2-4 slots (likely Gator, Cheez-It, and Holiday)

I'm guessing Duke or State gets Duke's Mayo. State hasn't been since 2015. Duke since 2015

Cuse/Pitt to Fenway/Pinstripe. Wake/Duke or State/Louisville going to Sun/Military/Gasparilla seems most likely.

FSU opens the season in Orlando vs LSU next season so it's doubtful that they will be there two games in a row.

Back