• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2023-2024 NCAA Men's Basketball Thread

If it was a list of worst contract extensions ever given to a coach, Manning would be a strong contender for #1

I don't think Goodman has forgotten how bad Manning was, nor how bad that extension was.

I assume his logic is that Wake was in a very good place when the Bz hire was made... Not the case when Manning was hired.

But as we've discussed for years, those were two god-awful coaches and I can't believe I wasted a decade of my life watching those games and caring about the outcomes.

Tech-Clemson tied at 82 in OT with 2.5 sec left. Clemson ball.

Wake - "Ugh that's a terrible loss"
Clemson - "Hold my beer"

Torvik Rank 12/17 to present, including last night, for ACC teams

2North Carolina
10Duke
32Wake Forest
50Miami FL
53Clemson
61Syracuse
74Virginia Tech
80Florida St.
86North Carolina St.
97Georgia Tech
101Notre Dame
119Boston College
134Pittsburgh
177Louisville
217Virginia

Yeah, the ACC is going to be, at most, a 5 team bid league this year, and I think 2 is more likely than 5.

Just a perfect storm of bad OOC scheduling, losing a lot of those games, then teams like Louisville/ND/Tech getting better into the conference season, while Miami/Clemson/Pitt lose their collective minds. Amazing this continues to happen year in and year out.

UNC and Duke will probably both make the FF again, the ACC media will yell about how good the conference is and we're getting ripped off, and it will rinse/repeat next year.

Guess I'm rooting for VT tonight because they still have an outside shot at a bid, though the home loss to Miami really hurt, but UVA is so done at this point. Can't imagine it'll be much better next year with Beekman and Dunn playing in the Association.

Just tweeted this, but the ACC is 15-48 in Q1 games as a conference. That's why we're not getting bids. That's just terrible.

It is probably important to note here that Q1 games do not add up to .500 since only one team is usually playing a Q1 game (unless if both teams are top 30 in the NET), so it shouldn't realistically be something like 31-32 for the conference. That being said, it should probably be better than 2-16 for the bubble teams.

It is probably important to note here that Q1 games do not add up to .500 since only one team is usually playing a Q1 game (unless if both teams are top 30 in the NET), so it shouldn't realistically be something like 31-32 for the conference. That being said, it should probably be better than 2-16 for the bubble teams.

yeah, Louisville (1), GT (2) and FSU (1) have 4 Q1 wins vs. the ACC, while WF/Miami/VPI/UVA/NCSU/Pitt*/Cuse have combined for 1 in conference (VPI's Q1 win was OOC)

*not that Pitt is anything more than a fraud. But at least they pounded the bad non-ACC teams on their schedule

Last edited:
Back