• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2023-2024 NCAA Men's Basketball Thread

I'm not here to hate on women's college basketball, but comparing Geno Auriemma's and Tara VanDerVeer's win total to Coach K's is pretty dumb.

I'm not here to hate on women's college basketball, but comparing Geno Auriemma's and Tara VanDerVeer's win total to Coach K's is pretty dumb.
Why is it dumb? All 3 are college basketball coaches, and they play approximately the same number of games per season. I get that the men's game has been more popular and has not been as top heavy as the women's game has been - though that's starting to change. So it's pretty apples to apples. Should Big House Gaines large win total not be compared to Ratface's because he coached at an HBCU?

Crash Davis hit 247 home runs as a catcher. Does he belong in the HoF ?

Looks like the ACC is going all-in for the state of North Carolina across many sports.

Is rowing really an ACC Sport, or did the conference office just throw that in to see if anyone was paying attention? Stanford dominates all oylmpic sports; so, I assume Stanford will dominate in rowing.

2023 ACC Rowing Results:

Team Scores
1. Virginia – 95
2. Syracuse – 86
3. Duke – 83
4. Notre Dame – 62
5. Miami – 51
6. Clemson – 41
7. Louisville – 27
8. North Carolina – 25
9. Boston College – 24

Agree Stanford will dominate. Cal is the defending Pac-12 men's rowing champ. No idea where they will compete in the future.

Would be curious to know how many Power V schools field a baseball team and not a softball team. Seems a little odd that WF does not field a softball team. That sport actually does draw.

I wish Wake had wrestling and lacrosse
What a lot of schools now are doing is having women's lax so that they can add another men's sport that is not lax. I have nieces who played for Wofford and Florida. But yeah, Wake does seem like a lacrossy type school.

Would be curious to know how many Power V schools field a baseball team and not a softball team. Seems a little odd that WF does not field a softball team. That sport actually does draw.
Neither Wake Forest nor Miami have ACC softball teams All other ACC schools have them.

Last edited:
What a lot of schools now are doing is having women's lax so that they can add another men's sport that is not lax. I have nieces who played for Wofford and Florida. But yeah, Wake does seem like a lacrossy type school.
Still find it odd that Miami of all schools does not have a men’s golf team?

You write John Currie a check to fund that sport and a corresponding women’s sport and he’ll get to work on it immediately. He has said as much publicly.

Back